What restaurant was one and done for you?

Liberty Tree Tavern for me. We had the family style meal and it was just ‘meh’. I guess I don’t crave Thanksgiving foods in the intense heat.

Cape May Cafe. I was so excited to try a seafood buffet, but it really wasn't special. And the buffet area was just so crowded. For the price, I prefer Biergarten for a buffet.

Garden Grill for dinner/lunch (would do breakfast)

My family isn't big on the white/non-chicken meat when it isn't really seasoned or cooked into something so the turkey and pork don't really appeal to us. Plus the time we went, my dad and brother got queasy despite moving so dang slow. They had to change seats. Plus despite what everyone else says about seeing the characters multiple times, we didn't. We saw the chipmunks twice but not Mickey or Pluto and we were there for a while.

Never been brave enough to try Tony's.

Skipper Canteen this last trip was not good and I wouldn’t go back. Coral Reef on a previous trip was the loudest restaurant I’ve ever been in, my food was fine though.

Ohana. I love the concept, the food was pretty good, but the service and atmosphere was lacking. I didn't pay $80 pp (if I remember correctly) to be rushed and ignored during my entire dinner service.
Last time I went, I thought the service was pretty good, they kept coming over with more food and I ate maybe 10-12 pieces of meat, but the first time I went we didn’t have the best service. A big step up since the first time I went

The Plaza...... We had one waitress who it was her first day on the job. And she seemed super stressed. It took us 45-60 minutes after we ordered to get food, and my brother ordered grilled chicken and it was all soggy and disgusting, we got paid extra on our receipt, we didn’t really like it. On the bright side, the milkshakes were good and we got a free dining pass.

For us, Biergarten was a huge disappointment. Also, Tutto Italia and San Angel Inn, never again for either.

Yachtsmans. We had eaten at Flying Fish the night before and it had set the really bar high. We weren't impressed with Yachtsmans. It wasn't bad just not worth the price.

Haven’t been to the Pizza Place in DHS since it became PizzaRizzo. Before it made Chuck E Cheese look like fine dining.
We had 2 bad experiences at Ohana, experience as above and severe food allergy to dairy and nuts for one family member on top of it. Our “cousin” was why people skip family reunions.

1900 Park Fare and Chef Mickeys without small kids were brutal. (Pre-Covid). The hibachi place in Japan was just okay, at twice the price and fewer sides than our local Ichiban or Shogun. Biergarten a 1 and done.
Ironically, San Angel and Coral Reef are must dos because of ambience, which have become family tradition. In upcoming trip in late October unless we can get some way past the 7 day limit Epcot will need to be our 1 park compromise, which makes me sad!

Last edited:
Via Napoli. My wife ordered pasta and it was supposed to have been topped with an egg. The egg was completely raw. My chicken parm was tough. Like eating a dead bird. We left most of it and will never return. Italian restaurant in Italy was so much better and less expensive.

I so agree with this... Via Napoli Nasty... the food was terrible, and the service was a joke... we marked this off our list 4-ever...

Haven’t been to the Pizza Place in DHS before it became PizzaRizzo. Before it made Chuck E Cheese look like fine dining.
We had 2 bad experiences at Ohana, experience as above and severe food allergy to dairy and nuts for one family member on top of it. Our “cousin” was why people skip family reunions.

1900 Park Fare and Chef Mickeys without small kids were brutal. (Pre-Covid). The hibachi place in Japan was just okay, at twice the price and fewer sides than our local Ichiban or Shogun. Biergarten a 1 and done.
Ironically, San Angel and Coral Reef are must dos because of ambience, which have become family tradition. In upcoming trip in late October unless we can get some way past the 7 day limit Epcot will need to be our 1 park compromise, which makes me sad!

Love the cousin reference... :laughing:🤣😂 - I have the same issue's ...

Tony's - probably the worst meal we've had at WDW
Mama Melrose
Liberty Tree Tavern
San Angel
Tutto Italia
Cape May
Kona
Ohana
Whispering Canyon

These are all places we have eaten but would not return.

Liberty Tree Tavern for me. We had the family style meal and it was just ‘meh’. I guess I don’t crave Thanksgiving foods in the intense heat.
I agree, a Stouffers frozen meal isn't what I was looking forward to.

Tony's - probably the worst meal we've had at WDW
Mama Melrose
Liberty Tree Tavern
San Angel
Tutto Italia
Cape May
Kona
Ohana
Whispering Canyon

These are all places we have eaten but would not return.
I have to agree about Ohana. Used to be a favorite but the last time we went the meat was tough and less choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter