What restaurants do you not want to go back to?

I try not to write restaurants off completely because we had tried Boatwrights and considered it a one and done, but years later I saw a new menu and tried again and we LOVED it.

We do have a couple restaurants we don'tare to return to anytime soon -

Hollywood and vine Food not good and barely an atmosphere, so with so many options out there - why? Now that they have characters I would consider it if on the DDP but not likely

50s - FINALLY tried it. Just don't get it. It has a lot of die hard fans though so they must be doing something right, just not our cup of tea.

Raglan Road - a fan favorite in some food centered groups but not one of us cared for it. Pass.

Cape May Cafe - It's not terrible, but there are so many good choices out there I have a hard time justifying a return trip for mediocrity.

We're not from a small town, but I wear dress clothes everyday and have no desire to do so on vacation. We are usually at Disney for 2 full weeks and have zero desire to try to cram dress clothes into the already full suitcase.

The whole stuffy restaurant thing just isn't for us anyway, I'm happier at ESPN club to...lol.
We have been thinking about eating at a signature restaurant our next trip, but after thinking more on it we don't want to dress up either. The whole stuffy restaurant thing and dressing up would not be comfortable for us. I think we may try the Boathouse or one that is more casual.

We would not go back to the Brown Derby. We found the waiter not personable and snobby. We both ordered the famous Cobb Salads, which we have had in many different restaurants and really like. However this was chopped up so finely we could have actually ate it with a spoon. This was a one and done for us lol.

Skippers Canteen was such a bad experience for my family that my kids use the name of the restaurant as an adjective to describe bad restaurants. As in, if I don't like a place, by DS11 will say, "Is it a Skippers Canteen mom?" In a group of 12 no one really liked their entrees, though I think a couple of the appetizers were good. The kids did not care (nor did the adults who tried it) for the mac n cheese which had a bechamel sauce on it, so they didn't eat lunch and we had to find something else for them to eat. I've actually had a server admit at another restaurant that many children do not like the mac n cheese with bechamel and servers have sometimes grabbed the mac n cheese from Liberty Tree Tavern since they share a kitchen, so I know it's not our kids being picky.

Our group is pretty adventurous, including several of the kids, and eats Asian food and curries often. Actually part of our problem was some of the dishes didn't taste right to us based on what we are used to getting at restaurants.

It took a very looong time for us to get our food. I get we were a group of 12, but in a week at Disney this was the only restaurant where we waited as long as we did for our food. We actually complained. I've often contemplated trying it again but I know that my DH and my own kids would never go back.

We also went maybe within a month of it opening, so hopefully it's gotten better, but I'd seriously have to go back by myself and try it before I'd be able to convince my family to return.

We have been thinking about eating at a signature restaurant our next trip, but after thinking more on it we don't want to dress up either. The whole stuffy restaurant thing and dressing up would not be comfortable for us. I think we may try the Boathouse or one that is more casual.

Most of the Signatures don't enforce the dress code and understand people are coming from a day in the parks. The poster I responded to was talking about V & A at the Grand Floridian. They do enforce the dress code and you would feel out of place there if you weren't dressed up.

Places like Le Cellier, Morimoto's, Boathouse, Yachtsman, etc don't require dress clothes. They just don't want you wearing your swimsuit to eat...lol.

Skippers Canteen was such a bad experience for my family that my kids use the name of the restaurant as an adjective to describe bad restaurants. As in, if I don't like a place, by DS11 will say, "Is it a Skippers Canteen mom?" In a group of 12 no one really liked their entrees, though I think a couple of the appetizers were good. The kids did not care (nor did the adults who tried it) for the mac n cheese which had a bechamel sauce on it, so they didn't eat lunch and we had to find something else for them to eat. I've actually had a server admit at another restaurant that many children do not like the mac n cheese with bechamel and servers have sometimes grabbed the mac n cheese from Liberty Tree Tavern since they share a kitchen, so I know it's not our kids being picky.

Our group is pretty adventurous, including several of the kids, and eats Asian food and curries often. Actually part of our problem was some of the dishes didn't taste right to us based on what we are used to getting at restaurants.

It took a very looong time for us to get our food. I get we were a group of 12, but in a week at Disney this was the only restaurant where we waited as long as we did for our food. We actually complained. I've often contemplated trying it again but I know that my DH and my own kids would never go back.

We also went maybe within a month of it opening, so hopefully it's gotten better, but I'd seriously have to go back by myself and try it before I'd be able to convince my family to return.
It hasn't gotten better. DH and I live in a city with many authentic, ethnic restaurants and we were looking forward to Skipper Canteen, hoping to get interesting food. We love Sanaa and Boma, and thought Skipper Canteen would be something on that order. Instead, the food was awful. My pork entree was four slabs of inedible fat covered in a barely warm, bad-tasting sauce. Even the Chinese broccoli was bad. It's the first time in my many years of eating out at restaurants that I can say I was served inedible food. DH had the head-on shrimp and said it was just okay. I don't care how many times they change the menu - we won't be back.

We are just heading home from our trip:sad:

We tried Tusker House for lunch this trip. My husband’s pick. I know a lot of folks like it but we thought it was just ok. My biggest complaint is that after almost an hour and a half we had only seen 2 of 4 characters. I spoke to the waitress and it seems they were far from getting to us so we left. Another table had waited as long as us and they were having the characters come to the front to meet them on the way out. I’m sure it was just bad luck but we probably will stick with Yak and Yeti for our AK lunch.

We also would not return to Cape May for dinner. This is our second time and both were disappointing. We love breakfast there though!!

I also probably won’t return to Ohana for BF. We have been numerous times but with all the recent changes we were disappointed last time. Will keep an eye out though in case it improves bc Stitch is my favorite!:stitch:

Thank you, this is useful! I know lots of people have liked Skippers Canteen, but pretty sure we are never going back.

Thank you, this is useful! I know lots of people have liked Skippers Canteen, but pretty sure we are never going back.

In a park that is starved for good restaurants, I will never understand why they thought that restaurant was a good idea. Judging by the abundant availability I have found for it while searching for other ADRs for our trip, it appears others agree.

In a park that is starved for good restaurants, I will never understand why they thought that restaurant was a good idea. Judging by the abundant availability I have found for it while searching for other ADRs for our trip, it appears others agree.

And oddly it was the only restaurant I couldn’t get at the time I wanted at 180 days. I’ve checked back a few times. CRT, CP we got at the exact times we wanted but SC we had to choose an earlier time. Maybe they don’t have as many tables for parties of 5 or something (haven’t been there yet) but definitely surprised me.

Counter Serve:
ABC Commissary. Went there the first time and it was terrible. Willing to say they may have had a bad day and tried it again; even worse. I hear it is now improved but for me fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me... Never again.

If it has improved, I'd hate to think what it was like before hand. We were there in July and it was absolutely awful. Even the fries were inedible. This would be the only place that you couldn't drag me back into.

If it has improved, I'd hate to think what it was like before hand. We were there in July and it was absolutely awful. Even the fries were inedible. This would be the only place that you couldn't drag me back into.

I used to like their chicken curry dish. But they got rid of it a few years ago and now the place is blarghhhhhhhh.

And oddly it was the only restaurant I couldn’t get at the time I wanted at 180 days. I’ve checked back a few times. CRT, CP we got at the exact times we wanted but SC we had to choose an earlier time. Maybe they don’t have as many tables for parties of 5 or something (haven’t been there yet) but definitely surprised me.
I could see this being the type of place that has even numbered tables to seating. If you really want to try it, try for a table of 6.

My DH and I loved Skipper's Canteen. It was a nice oasis before MNSSHP. I will never go to Ohana close to closing again. The food was overcooked and barely warm. Chef Mickey's was not good and I'm glad we have out grown eating there.

I have a few restaurants that I have decided I do not want to go back to.

Cinderella's Royal Table dinner- Our food was just not good. My steak was over cooked, tough, and dry, the cake we had for dessert was like it was stale and a few days old. Neither of us liked the food. We won't go back for dinner, maybe breakfast.

Skippers Canteen - We only finished half of our food because we did not like it. Maybe it is just the seasonings I don't know, but I do know a lot of people rave about it.

Satu'li Canteen- I had the hamburger pods which were dough wrapped around hamburger yuck! They came with vegetable chips which were bland. My granddaughter had the cheese quesadillas and she let me sample them. They actually were kind of good and she liked them. If we ever go back I will maybe get those.

Ohana- We have eaten here 3 different times for dinner over the past years. I have always loved it. This past trip I think was my last at least for a long time. There were a couple reasons. The main reason was the sweet sauce that smothers everything was just to much for me this time. I don't know if they changed their sauce or what? The steak was under cooked and pink. I only ate around the edges that were not pink. The chicken was a little over cooked. The banana bread pudding was still delicious though, the best part of the meal!

We also had a bad experience at Skipper Canteen. I had a steak that was very fatty and another dish was noodles that were very under cooked. Service was nice, but I'm not sure why everyone raves about it.

I just returned from a trip and we ate at the San Angel Inn. Food and the servers were great, but we had an issue with our reservation. We checked in for the reservation and were told we would get a text when the table was ready and were free to look around at the shops. 25 minutes passed with no text and we got a bad feeling. We spoke to a different hostess who told us that they had called our name but no one answered so our table was given away. We then told her we were told we would be receiving a text and the hostess then had a funny look on her face. We were told it would be fixed in less than 10 minutes but we ended up waiting an additional 45 minutes until we were sat. Kept checking back in and their story kept changing each time. Obviously the first hostess gave us the wrong information and that's okay mistakes happen and we're all human, but I wish they just would have owned the mistake instead of saying, "you're next" or "just 5 more minutes" for what turned into 45 minutes.

1) We will not go back to Yachtsman Steakhouse. Terrible steaks.
2) Tutto Italia. Never again. Will pick Via Napoli over it any day.
3) Hollywood and Vine. Yuck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter