• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What rides and attractions are a mask required on ride or queue? List?

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
I have searched and have been unsuccessful finding a list of where a mask MUST be worn within WDW.

I assume there is a link, but need help finding it.

TIA

For example, is the queue for slinky dog considered indoors? If so, I assume you have to wear a mask for the ride itself.

I was debating on whether to buy a memory maker for my trip in two weeks, but if we have to wear masks on rides, it's probably not worth it. :(

Anything with an indoors component - like People Mover required a mask, Expedition Everest required a mask.

I was debating on whether to buy a memory maker for my trip in two weeks, but if we have to wear masks on rides, it's probably not worth it. :(

I’ve seen a few people post recently that they thought it was a waste, but I disagree.There were photographers out everywhere taking pictures. Even without characters, we wound up with a ton of photos at each park. My friend and I were both so happy with the amount and quality of the photos. Several magic shots, too.

We were there for the first two weeks of August and we did not get MM. It was our first trip without it and I’m glad we did not get it. We had all the photographers take photos with my phone and they turned out better than most of our PhotoPass pictures. I was really disappointed in the quality of their pictures. Plus, like you mentioned, I’m not really interested in the ride pictures with our masks on. You can tell we are smiling, but it’s just not the same. We’ve been several times before and have tons of ride pictures, plus hopefully next time we go things will be more normal and we’ll be able to ride again without masks.

A rule of thumb followed at MK, HS, and AK when I was there in late Aug/early Sept was: If there is air conditioning during any part of the ride/attraction, expect to wear a mask. They didn't seem to be counting the open-air covered ques as a need for masks, just once you reached a certain point.

The only one that surprised me was Everest - I just forgot about the long backwards section that's in the cave.

(Not sure about Epcot - as the only attractions I did there was Remy preview and Frozen - but guessing all attractions with any portion full indoors requires masking.

(Not sure about Epcot - as the only attractions I did there was Remy preview and Frozen - but guessing all attractions with any portion full indoors requires masking.

As far as I remember, literally every ride in Epcot is indoors. The only really outdoor ride is Test Track when you briefly go on the speed section, but you are probably only outside for all of 60 seconds. Spaceship Earth has an outdoor queue, and maybe a little bit of Frozen if the line gets really long.

We were there a week ago, didn't ride many rides because it was hot and we had a baby here is what I know.

At Epcot - Require masks - The Land, Soarin, The Living Seas, Figment, SSE, Mexico
At AK - Don't require - Safari, the trails. Require - FoP, Navi
At MK - Require masks - HM, CoP, Pirates. Don't require - Jungle Cruise
At HS - Require masks - ToT, MMRR, TSMM, RoTR, MF

Wow, now that I look at the list we really didn't ride many rides except at Epcot, which is very kid friendly.

We were there a week ago, didn't ride many rides because it was hot and we had a baby here is what I know.

At Epcot - Require masks - The Land, Soarin, The Living Seas, Figment, SSE, Mexico
At AK - Don't require - Safari, the trails. Require - FoP, Navi
At MK - Require masks - HM, CoP, Pirates. Don't require - Jungle Cruise
At HS - Require masks - ToT, MMRR, TSMM, RoTR, MF

Wow, now that I look at the list we really didn't ride many rides except at Epcot, which is very kid friendly.

When we were there our MK day was the day they switched to not having to wear masks on outdoor ques/rides. We did take them off on JC but we did wear them in the que, your face is literally a foot from the people on either side of you. I was uncomfortable in that line even with the masks since we had gone during the peak of Delta.
It made me think about how once things are back to normal how I will be viewing being that close to people.

We actually had no idea that the rule for masks on rides/ques had changed during our trip so when we sat on the boat and noticed people were taking off their mask we just did it because everyone else did. Plus the Skipper wasn't wearing his. It was later when we got back to the resort I checked in here and saw there had been a change.

My dd and I rode people mover and it got stuck for a brief period. We were the only ones on the train, and the train behind us had zero people on it. We were in an outside part so we slipped our masks off, and then a second later there was an announcement for us to leave them on.
It was pointless, we weren't near anyone, and then you go over to JC and can stand face to face with strangers without one. Makes no sense at all.

We got Memory Maker when we went in February and it was worth every penny! It marked an important time in history and I have definitely included shots in my genealogy. When my great grandchildren see those pictures I want it to be a teaching moment for them as the pictures of ancestors in the 18 and early 1900s have been for my kids.

It's weird to me that SDD doesn't require a mask at the point in the queue where there's a roof overhead and 7-8 foot high Plexiglas. There's not a lot of air circulation at that point (or there wasn't back in August) and since there isn't any social distancing the air you breathe in isn't open air, IMO.

with Big Thunder you had to put the mask on on once you got under the roof, but the line is pretty close in there.

I read through the rules on Covid-related posts and believe this to be OK to ask - please don't crash my thread before I can get answers by getting into any debates on whether the rules are right or wrong, good or bad, etc!

I went to WDW in early July just after the mask requirements were lifted for vaccinated, so I cannot use that trip in planning my next one this Friday. I see the Disney site currently lists the rules as 'masks required' for all indoor facilities, attractions, and rides, and 'masks optional' for outdoors for vaccinated. My question is: How do the mask rules apply on the rides themselves? I assume if the ride is completely indoors, masks are required for the duration...what if the ride is both indoor/outdoor, such as the roller coasters that board under a roof or inside, then go outside, or rides that are fully outdoors? Are the masks requested to stay on for all attractions while on the ride itself?

I just want to plan out having enough masks with me on a given day - with the heat and sweat and chances of rain in September, it's probably best to plan on going through more than one disposable mask - but I'm basing it on how often I'll be required to have one on (I am vaccinated). If it's just indoors in stores, restaurants, and indoor rides, I'll probably be wearing them less - if it's while on ALL attractions including outdoor rides, I'll probably need to plan for a few more.

Many thanks for help from anyone who's been there with the current rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter