what rides do you just skip when you are solo?

Mr Mannn

Who da Mannn? He da Mannn!
Magic Kingdom.
I hate "Its a small world." I never ride the Jungle Cruise. never. Tomorowland is dead to me outside of Space Mountain.

Animal Kingdom
I never take the train to the rafki place. Mostly I see the animals and the Bug's Life ride.

Hollywood studios
The great movie ride is old. they should make it a wax museum and put it in Disney Springs. I'm glad it is being replaced. If I go back before 2019 I will focus on shows and not rides

Epcot.
The Living Seas. skipped. That Figment ride, nope. I always catch the Energy ride cause I can rest my feet for 45 minutes. and the Land pavilion has a boat ride that is boring...no no no.

This is fun!
Magic Kingdom
Tomorrowland Speedway and everything in Storybook Circus.

Animal Kingdom
The walking paths. I've done them once and never have to do them again.

Hollywood Studios
Disney Junior stuff.

Epcot
Nothing really. I like everything in the park.

Magic Kingdon

Enchanted Tales with Belle. One and done, that was enough awkward for a life-time.

Animal Kingdom

I'd do anything again

Hollywood Studios

Disney Junior

Epcot

Journey into Imagination with Figment

I don't know why ETWB is such an issue with me. I have met every princess but Mulan and Pocahontas, done multiple character meals solo. It was just weird. I think it was because of the show and be not wanting attention.

Ooh this is fun.

Let's see:

I don't go into tomorrow land much. I like Space Mountain, but I can only ride it on a good (low nausea) day, so I don't make it a priority. And other rides there are even worse.

Teacups for the same reason.

Character meets. Wasn't into them as a kid, and now it's just sort of a waste of time. It's not that I wouldn't have fun- I just think there are tons of other things I could be doing in that time.

Carny rides like the primeval whirl or whatever it's called. Not what I go to Disney for. (How can someone dislike great movie ride??? It has that awesome old school Disney dork factor that makes me smile).

Not really what you meant, but I almost never do rope drop as a solo. I'm a night owl, and just about everyone I go to Disney with is a morning person. Which is fine, but I've found I'd rather wake up late, get Starbucks, stroll into the parks at my own pace. Yes, you get a lot done on that first hour. But you'll still be waiting in lines for the rest of the day, and I still ride everything at least once.

I don't do spinoffs, but a great one would be "when you go solo, what ride will you go on over and over again if left up to you?"

In Disneyland, that's Indiana Jones. At WDW. That's Everest or Big Thunder. Unless I could watching illuminations with a grand mariner slushee in hand.

When I'm there alone for a week (when I had my AP) I would often not even both going to MK since it takes me about as long to get there and back as the time I would spend in the park.

Frozen Ever After. Enjoyed it once with a fan, wouldn't stand in that kind of line again. Maybe when it's less of a hot property.

I always pass on characters. Hard not to feel like a creep as a single adult.

Left to my own devices, I'll swap between Splash and Big Thunder from open until the lines get long. I could do those 5-6 times in a row and not get tired of 'em.

I don't skip anything I wouldn't normally skip. I mean, it's not by virtue of being solo anyway. I kinda end up where I end up. And there's nothing I actively hate, so on any given trip I could give just about anything a spin.

I don't know why ETWB is such an issue with me. I have met every princess but Mulan and Pocahontas, done multiple character meals solo. It was just weird. I think it was because of the show and be not wanting attention.

Yeah, ETWB was new for us when my mom and I went in 2015. We went through it together and it was fun enough, but even being two adults it felt just a touch awkward since so much of it is about the interaction for children and families. It's a neat attraction, but I don't think I'd do it by myself. In all honesty they didn't seem to pay attention to anyone who wasn't either a child or an obvious dad, but I'd still feel self conscious about it.

On that note, I always feel a little nervous going into the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor solo. It just seems like it'd be weirder being singled out for interaction if you didn't have a party with you. That hasn't actually stopped me from going in there by myself, but it's something that comes to mind every time I do it.

Other than that, there's really nothing I wouldn't do as a solo that I would normally do with others. If anything, as a solo I'm more likely to hit up corny dark rides because I try not to wear on family members' patience with too many trips round the Carousel of Progress.

On that note, I always feel a little nervous going into the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor solo. It just seems like it'd be weirder being singled out for interaction if you didn't have a party with you. That hasn't actually stopped me from going in there by myself, but it's something that comes to mind every time I do it.

Wow, this is exactly what happened to me on my solo trip! They had a running joke about the guy who was going to buy churros for everyone, and then they kept coming back to me throughout the show. I think it freaked me out a little and haven't been back.

Other than Monsters Inc., I don't think there are any attractions I'd miss specifically because I was solo. I don't like being the one guy seated with a family, especially on attractions where photos are taken. Test Track. 5+1. Awkward. But it doesn't stop me from riding.

I thought Toy Story Midway Mania would be odd, since it's kind of a social game, but it turns out to still be a lot of fun.

Yeah, ETWB was new for us when my mom and I went in 2015. We went through it together and it was fun enough, but even being two adults it felt just a touch awkward since so much of it is about the interaction for children and families. It's a neat attraction, but I don't think I'd do it by myself. In all honesty they didn't seem to pay attention to anyone who wasn't either a child or an obvious dad, but I'd still feel self conscious about it.

ETWB can be fun if you are there for some late night hours at MK. There will be fewer children (if any if it's like 1 AM) and they will start picking adults. The crowds get interesting that late at night because they are mostly the hard-core fans. I'd love to do one of those 24 hour runs someday!

After two family trips in 13 months, I'm going solo in October. Staying at BCV for 5 nights. My plan is to golf a few times, hit up the mini-golf at the Swalphin, finally make it out to Disney Springs, and thoroughly enjoy F&W.

Regarding things to skip...

Magic Kingdom:
Dumbo, Barnstormer, carpet ride, carousel, Enchanted tales with belle (although I might try it if it's after midnight), teacups, tiki room, IASW, Pooh, and go karts. I actually enjoy all of these rides (with the exception of tiki room), but they are far more fun with my daughters (ages 4 and 2), so I'd rather keep them special. Astro-orbiter I will ride though. That thing is actually fun.

Epcot:
will actually try to do everything I can (still haven't done some of the stuff at the front of the park since my kids don't like this park);

DHS:
no Disney Jr stage show;

AK:
not sure yet -- probably won't watch the Nemo show again or do triceratops spin (dumbo ride).

ETWB can be fun if you are there for some late night hours at MK. There will be fewer children (if any if it's like 1 AM) and they will start picking adults. The crowds get interesting that late at night because they are mostly the hard-core fans. I'd love to do one of those 24 hour runs someday!

That hadn't even occurred to me but now that you've said it, that sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Next time I go I'll put it back on my list if I can arrange to do it on a late night.

Teacups, definitely. That is definitely a ride that feels mega-awkward when you're all alone. Probably the Dumbo-style rides too, but I'd probably skip those even when with a group. Last time they wanted to ride the Aladdin carpets I was like "fine, you guys do that. Imma get a Dole Whip and take a rest."

Cool thread,

Totally agree with Tea cups! Plus I don't like them cause they make me feel sick as a dog.

It could be a little awkward on the Kali River rapids but fortunately the rafts are big enough that you can just smile and laugh with strangers.

Magic Carpets of Aladdin - avoid at all costs

Dumbo - awkward as a solo adult.

Journey into imagination - don't really like this ride to begin with

I didn't have trouble on Kali River Rapids - I think a small kid was sat next to me on the raft, so it's not like I was rubbed up shoulder to shoulder with anyone. When we went as a couple to DCA and rode Grizzly River Run (which blows Kali out of the water!) the rest of our raft was filled with a very nice, entertaining family. Later in the day we ran into them in line for California Screamin' and chatted with them for a while, it was pretty cool.

Journey Into Imagination I've ridden once and all it does is make me mad at my parents for the fact that I missed out on the original because they chose Sea World over EPCOT. :)

There are no rides I purposely skip when solo, there are rides I ride when solo that I don't ride when my son is with me. I also watch shows when I'm solo and don't when my son is with me because he doesn't like them. I rarely ride TSMM when solo unless it's a short stand by line.

Everything that's been mentioned here I definitely do when I'm solo. I love taking a ride out to Rafiki's planet watch-then I stay on the train and ride back. The only ride I avoid is Space Mountain. When I ride with DH, I sit in back of him, grab his shoulders and usually yell in his ear. Don't want to do that to a stranger when I'm solo.

think it depends upon my mood - sometimes don't do any rc other times love 'em. got told they are replacing Energy I think next year - now don't remember where I heard it - it is I think and entire building tear down.

When I'm solo, I skip the afternoon parade (especially if I've already seen it). Also, the character meet-and-greets. Without kids, I feel like there's just no point to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter