What room type at VB?

Young Pooh

DIS Veteran
Thinking of spending around 4 or 5 nights at VB next year (August) as we are probably going to do "Florida without the Mouse".:scared1:

We normally stay in a 1 bed (2 adults and a 5 yr old) but will only be able to afford the points for an inn room/studio.

I know the inn rooms are in the main building and the studios are in smaller buildings in grounds, but other than that, is there any difference. The room layouts on the DVC website shows an inn room with what I would call a traditional studio layout at WDW, and the studios with a more triangular layout. Saying that, I have seen photos posted by someone of a studio and it had the more traditional layout.

Any ideas?

The Inn rooms with have two queen sized beds. Below is a link to the room we stayed in last year as an ocean view Inn room.

VB Inn room

Claire ;)

I've not yet stayed at VB, but was considering it for next year so spent a while looking into it. If I understand it correctly, the only way to guarantee a water view is either to book a beach cottage (v expensive) or an Ocean view inn room. I love the idea of seeing/hearing the ocean from my balcony, so we would have booked an ocean view inn room as Claire did above.

hope that helps a little.:thumbsup2

We've stayed in studios, a one-bedroom and an ocean view inn room - we were very happy with them all :)

For future stays, I think we'll probably choose a studio if it's just the two of us, as we prefer the bed/sofa combination and room size/layout. We also like being in separate buildings away from the main building, as this feels more casual, somehow. However, if it rains, you get pretty wet dashing to the Green Cabin Room! ;)

Yes, an ocean view is lovely, but we find we don't spend that long in our room to make the most of it! The balconies we've had in studios and the one-bedroom have mostly had a glimpse of ocean (although I know we were lucky, and this might not happen again), and this has suited us just fine.

We stay most years at VB for a long weekend and always book the Inn room garden view as its economical on points. There are odd rooms at the end of the building on the pool side that have a view over the pool and a bit of ocean. However we spend so little time in the room we find the the garden view is sufficient. BTW.... the food at VB is good but try and venture out to Capt Hirams in Sebastian... 15 minute drive north on US1.
Enjoy !

We have stayed in 2 bedroom, Beach Cottage & just recently in May this year ocean view room in the main building. We found staying in the main building really convenient, easy to pop down to the shop & bar & restaurants, (especially If it's raining), also it seemed to be easier to park under the hotel in the underground parking lot. I also agree with previous post, try & visit Captain Hirams for a boat trip, however the MUST DO if staying at Vero is to have at least one meal at the Ocean Grill Restaurant. We actually only stay at Vero so we can go to this restaurant, & in our opinion we think it's the best restaurant we go to on our annual trip to Florida.

We have stayed in 2 bedroom, Beach Cottage & just recently in May this year ocean view room in the main building. We found staying in the main building really convenient, easy to pop down to the shop & bar & restaurants, (especially If it's raining), also it seemed to be easier to park under the hotel in the underground parking lot. I also agree with previous post, try & visit Captain Hirams for a boat trip, however the MUST DO if staying at Vero is to have at least one meal at the Ocean Grill Restaurant. We actually only stay at Vero so we can go to this restaurant, & in our opinion we think it's the best restaurant we go to on our annual trip to Florida.

Oh yes the Ocean Grill is fab :)

We went there in 2008 I started with the shrimp cocktail.

Shrimp_starter.JPG

While Nathan had the stuffed mushrooms.

Stuffed_mushrooms.JPG

As Nathan had a steak for entrée he also had a salad included in the meal!

Steak.JPG

Mixed_salad.JPG

I then had the sea bass and creamed spinach.

Sea_Bass.JPG

Then we shared the meringue dessert :)

Meringue.JPG

From the outside it looks more like a shack! But once inside it is very nice.

Ocean_Grill.JPG

Ocean_Grill_2.JPG

Ocean_Grill_3.JPG

Claire ;)

Ocean Grill looks great - whereabouts is it?

Think we will definately go for an OVIR as we do like to sit out on the balcony in the evening with a drink or in the morning with a cuppa. Just hope we can get one at 7 mths.

Ocean Grill is just down the road in the main part of VB :)

Claire ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter