What Special Things Happen on Mothers Day??

wdwenthusiast

Earning My Ears
We will be on vacation in WDW through the Mothers Day Period of May. I'd like to take into account the various special events etc. that Disney must do for moms. But I haven't had much look finding any info about special events or things that have occurred in other years. Also, the restaurant reservations will open up soon for that day -- please pass on any tips that I should consider for "Moms Day" -- thanks for your help.:D

When we were there last year on Mother's Day they gave pink carnations to all ladies as they entered the parks. There was a special mug that we got at I think it was Downtown Disney and it was Lady & the Tramp Mothers Day Mug and there was a special Mothers Day pin that we found at the MK that was Simba and his mommy :D

My DH and DS got me for Mothers Day a 25 minute French Body Polish and a 50 minute sweedish massage at DI and it was WONDERFUL!!!

PS for dinners were a little tough to come by if I remember, we ended up going to Whispering Canyon at WL :)

My Mom and I were there for Mother's Day in 2000 & 2001. They take free pictures in the World Showcase, similiar to the MVMCP pictures but with the lake in the background. Epcot is beautiful with the Flower & Garden Fest in full swing. We had dinner at her favorite, Cinderella's Table at MK.

Last year we went the week before because her AP was going to expire, but we still were able to get the pin on Friday morning before we left. I was able to get the matching Father's Day pin with Simba and Mufasa on e-bay.

The prices go up at Chef Mickey's for dinner... I know that for sure!

We were there this past Mother's Day. We spent the day in MK and the evening at Epcot. MK had the pink carnations for all of the moms. We had lunch reservations at Crystal Palace which was very nice. We did have to wait a long time for our table (even with a PS) but they did give us all a free FastPass to use on any ride of our choice. Be sure to make any PS for that day because all of the restaurants seemed quite crowded.

The night before Mother's Day, I was able to get a special pin at World of Disney in DD that had Mrs. Jumbo swinging Dumbo in her trunk. We stayed at OKW and they had special refillable mugs for Mother's Day but were sold out of them before we got there the day before Mother's Day. :(

Epcot supposedly had the free pictures in the World Showcase but we never found them (we were too busy trying to get other things in). We had dinner at Le Cellier and it was fine (like everyone, we loved the cheese soup and pretzel bread but we weren't overly impressed with our entrees for the price). Epcot also had a special Mother's Day brunch in the old Odyssey restaurant. The menu looked great but was a little pricey for us plus we wanted to be in MK that morning anyway.

The night before Mother's Day, we surprised my mom and mom-in-law with an Illuminations Cruise as their Mother's Day present. They really loved it. We also gave them "Groovy Grandma" t-shirts (bought at Target) to wear in the park on Sunday and little backpacks to take to the parks to hold their goodies. I had an Aristocats "Mom" t-shirt that I found at K-Mart before the trip to wear that day so we were all quite festive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter