What specialty Non-Alcoholic drinks can you get on the dining plan?

jbbt

DIS Veteran
I know the dining plan doesn's include alcoholic drinks, but where can you get something besides soda, water, coffee, juice? I heard that you can get smoothies at the Pepper Market, is that true? Anywhere else you can get something fun to drink?

We had milkshakes included at Sci-Fi.

I've read that milkshakes are sometimes allowed at 50s Prime Time.

formernyer said:
We had milkshakes included at Sci-Fi.

I've read that milkshakes are sometimes allowed at 50s Prime Time.

We were allowed milkshakes at:

50's PT: The PB&J milkshake is numero uno!!! :banana:
Sci-Fi: basic, but tasty
BOMA: smoothie
Whispering Canyon Cafe: bottomless

There may be other restaurants as well, but these are the ones we are aware of.

Anyone know if you can still get the milkshakes at Le Cellier?... We had them last August right at the beginning of the free dining, but I know that there were some changes made after that time.

We had milkshakes at 50's prime time and whispering canyon. My dd had a frozen drink at Le Cellier that the waiter first said wasn't included(we said we'd just pay oop) but he put it on the plan anyway. :thumbsup2

Hey thanks for the idea! I was thinking to try the peanut butter and jelly milkshake at Sci Fi (or is it 50's Prime Time - never mind we're doing both) would be extra but I'll see if it's included when I'm there.

Is there no end the the knowledge I get from the dis? And dh thinks I'm just wasting time on the internet... :rotfl:

Beth

tinkerbeth said:
Hey thanks for the idea! I was thinking to try the peanut butter and jelly milkshake at Sci Fi (or is it 50's Prime Time - never mind we're doing both) would be extra but I'll see if it's included when I'm there.

Is there no end the the knowledge I get from the dis? And dh thinks I'm just wasting time on the internet... :rotfl:

Beth

My DH does as well. My kids ride me too. They say stuff like, "Mom when you're an old lady all you're gonna need is a laptop!" :rotfl2:

I'm sure I won't be hearing any complaints though when we're in Disney slurping free milkshakes and smoothies - all because I read about it here on the DIS boards!!!

jbbt said:
My DH does as well. My kids ride me too. They say stuff like, "Mom when you're an old lady all you're gonna need is a laptop!" :rotfl2:

I'm sure I won't be hearing any complaints though when we're in Disney slurping free milkshakes and smoothies - all because I read about it here on the DIS boards!!!

TOO RIGHT sister! :wave2: Dh doesn't complain when his WDW trips are the smoothest ever and his wife knows more than the cm's! He says my two best skills are scrapbooking and planning Disney vacations. Well, you gotta use the gifts the good Lord gives ya! :goodvibes

Beth

When you've been able to get the milkshakes, were they counted as a drink or as a dessert?

jbbt said:
When you've been able to get the milkshakes, were they counted as a drink or as a dessert?

At both 50's and whispering canyon, they counted as a drink :thumbsup2

tinkerbeth said:
TOO RIGHT sister! :wave2: Dh doesn't complain when his WDW trips are the smoothest ever and his wife knows more than the cm's! He says my two best skills are scrapbooking and planning Disney vacations. Well, you gotta use the gifts the good Lord gives ya! :goodvibes

Beth

Oh, MY HEART!! This is ME! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: TOO FUNNY!! :rotfl2:

My DD10 asked me one night why I spend so much time on the computer. My DD13 heard her and said, "Meredith! Mom needs to do that to find all the good deals at Disney!" :rotfl2: :rotfl2: BLESS that girl. :teeth:

Hi,

In Feb, we were able to get smoothies as beverages at LTT and Le Cellier...

LOL...my one skill is WDW planning..now how do I make $$$ doing it..??

:)

Wouldn't that be fun to be a disney planner for a living :thumbsup2

I would have to go and test out all the resorts, restaurants and rides :goodvibes

disneyagain said:
Wouldn't that be fun to be a disney planner for a living :thumbsup2

I would have to go and test out all the resorts, restaurants and rides :goodvibes

That's my retirement job. ;)

Beth

We asked and WCC told us the milkshakes did not count as a drink.

At 50's PT, DS wanted the Shirley Temple with the flashing ice cube and we had to pay OOP for it.

Non-alcoholic drinks/smoothies are not included in the plan. I know some have gotten lucky with the server & had them included, especially when the plan was first introduced. You can always ask but don't be disappointed when the answer in no.

jjohnson said:
Non-alcoholic drinks/smoothies are not included in the plan. I know some have gotten lucky with the server & had them included, especially when the plan was first introduced. You can always ask but don't be disappointed when the answer in no.

I originally asked because I thought some places routinely offered them as a part of the plan, but I see what you're saying - that it's not really the official policy of the dining plan. Good point! Not getting a milkshake or paying OOP for one won't put a damper on my vacation. I just have Disney OCD and need to know everything about everything :goodvibes !!

Thanks for the info!

ameraumi said:
We asked and WCC told us the milkshakes did not count as a drink.

Wonder if this is a new policy? We liked the shakes, so we wouldn't mind if it counted as dessert.

jbbt said:
I originally asked because I thought some places routinely offered them as a part of the plan, but I see what you're saying - that it's not really the official policy of the dining plan. Good point! Not getting a milkshake or paying OOP for one won't put a damper on my vacation. I just have Disney OCD and need to know everything about everything :goodvibes !!

Thanks for the info!

I understand. It's just that some on the DIS get back from vacation & post here that they didn't receive glo-cubes, smoothies & shrimp add-ons & get upset because they read here before going that others have gotten it. That's why I felt I should say something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter