What Supermarkets are in the Area?

iankh

It's never done till it's overdone
August will be my first trip as a member. What supermarkets are in the area? I'm only familar with the supermarket in the Crossroads shopping center. Is there anything else close, and not a Walmart (I don't shop at Walmart).

In Chicago I typically shop at Jewel (Albertsons) and Whole Foods. What would be close and equivalent down there?

Thanks!

There is a Winn-Dixie and a Publix close to Crossroads. Instead of going straight for Crossroads from Hotel Resorts Blvd, make a left, Winn-Dixie is about a mile down the road on the right. Get a shopper card for discounts. For Publix, turn right instead of straight from Hotel Resorts Blvd, get in the left lane and turn left at the light (Vineland), it's about a mile down the road past the Premium Outlets & Dixie Stampede.

I've heard there are Albertson's in the area, not sure where.

Last week, we shopped at Winn-Dixie. Haven't tried Publix, but Winn-Dixie was a full line supermarket comparable to Jewel (I'm originally from Chicago). I had signed up online for the shopper card and received it pretty quickly. So, I saved a couple dollars too. If needed, there is also an ABC store (liquor store, I didn't know what these were until I moved south) in the same parking lot.

Thank you everyone! I did not know that other supermarkets were so close. I would have otherwise gone to Crossroads, but I seem to recall when I was there in previous years that the prices seemed quite a bit steeper than I thought they should be.

We did find an Albertson's but it was quite a bit away. There might be one closer now. We use Publix and love it! Easy to get to, they have everything, and their prices are good.

We like the Publix best. Publix has great produce and a huge selection of products. Not too impressed with the bakery selections for fresh bread, but they have a large natural foods section at the opposite end of the store. I like to buy organic whenever I can in FL and this is the best selection I've found aside from going to Whole Foods.

We went to Winn-Dixie once and it's fine for a quick stop, but we found their produce to be substandard and the overall selection of brand names and sizes to be much smaller than Publix. Also their deli prices were astromical.

If you take the South Exit from the airport and get on 417, I think it is Exit 11 that has the Albertson's right off the exit. I'm sure you could confirm that if you check the Albertson's website for an address. We have shopped there and found them very good.

OK, so that said, I work for a supermarket company and am a professed "foodie". I am very fussy with food shopping and probably know way too much about food safety and presentation etc. I walk into a supermarket and don't just see food, I see all the cleanliness, the layout, the status of the freezers, how the deli clerks do their job, the little nooks and crannies of the store. You don't want to know how I feel when I walk into Goodings and Winn-Dixie. Nope. Don't want to know.

:wave:

1000th happy haunt said:
AllEarsNet has a list of places to do grocery shopping near WDW. And if you use their driving directions page, the directions include an option for grocery shopping.

Amazing what you can find online! Thanks to everyone for the great tips! It's funny, but I'm pretty fussy about what supermarkets I'll shop in.

In Chicago we have 2 big chains Jewel (Albertson's) and Dominics (Safeway), at least in this town people seem to be pretty passionate about their supermarket loyalties. You have your Jewel shoppers and your Domincis shoppers.

Odd isn't it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter