What time to arrive for 9AM opening?

Does anyone who was at the park yesterday know what time the Harbor line died down in the morning?

I know it was still long around 9:15am. Any idea when it cleared out?

Just out of curiosity, if I don't want to do the Gardenwalk route and use the Mickey and Friends parking, when has the structure been opening on weekdays? We'll be there Tuesday and we always want to optimize our morning hours, but I feel like the Avengers Campus stuff has people lining up crazy early and there's no way I'm getting my family there before 7. Plus we're just going to DL and trying to avoid the Avengers mess as much as possible.

Just out of curiosity, if I don't want to do the Gardenwalk route and use the Mickey and Friends parking, when has the structure been opening on weekdays? We'll be there Tuesday and we always want to optimize our morning hours, but I feel like the Avengers Campus stuff has people lining up crazy early and there's no way I'm getting my family there before 7. Plus we're just going to DL and trying to avoid the Avengers mess as much as possible.
Yesterday and this past Monday the structure was open by 7:40am. I arrived on Monday at 7:50 and yesterday at 7:40. Both days it took 15 minutes from pulling off the freeway till I was in a parking spot. There was minimal waits and security and temp checks and same with front gates for the parks.

Yesterday and this past Monday the structure was open by 7:40am. I arrived on Monday at 7:50 and yesterday at 7:40. Both days it took 15 minutes from pulling off the freeway till I was in a parking spot. There was minimal waits and security and temp checks and same with front gates for the parks.

Really appreciate these reports! Are you going Monday or Tuesday by any chance?

Really appreciate these reports! Are you going Monday or Tuesday by any chance?
No :(
My next visit is on Saturday the 12th and then I don't know when I will be back to DLR after that (buying park tickets is expensive when you are used to having a premier pass).

My next visit is on Saturday the 12th and then I don't know when I will be back to DLR after that (buying park tickets is expensive when you are used to having a premier pass).

Ha. True.

Well, thanks for the info again. If it's been like that on those days, I'm sure it'll be like that on Wednesday. You've helped me focus my plan!

have fun on the 12th!

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, where in LA do you live and how long is your drive at that time of day? Thanks again!

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, where in LA do you live and how long is your drive at that time of day? Thanks again!
I live near LAX. No traffic it’s about 30ish minutes, which that early on a holiday and weekend day there isn’t.

edit: I didn’t leave the house till after the 7am BG drops so I could use my home WiFi.

With Avengers Campus open now, what time are they starting security? It sounds earlier than it was before?

With Avengers Campus open now, what time are they starting security? It sounds earlier than it was before?
Saturday it started about 7:30 for the temp check but they had a miscommunication because the K9s weren’t there yet so they it got backed up at that station and they had to stop the lines for about 10-15 min before opening up for real. We were about to go through the temp station when they stopped us and we got to hear the confusion from the CMs as they tried to figure out why the people weren’t going further.
Yesterday it closer to 7:45 or so but I don’t know for sure. I didn’t look at my watch. The park gates opened about 8 or a couple min after 8. We were inside DL at 8:05 yesterday.

Any here who went this morning? Any reports on when parking was opened? Thanks!

More people are being aware of the Harbor side Entrance. Yesterday at 8am the line was all the way up on Harbor and Disney Way.
Look at my post about the DTD Entrance experience.

More people are being aware of the Harbor side Entrance. Yesterday at 8am the line was all the way up on Harbor and Disney Way.
Look at my post about the DTD Entrance experience.
I need to talk to this over with DH. We’re parking at Garden Walk, but will not be getting there until about 7:15.

I know distance wise walking to DTD is longer, but does it feel like a longer walk? Decision, decisions.

I need to talk to this over with DH. We’re parking at Garden Walk, but will not be getting there until about 7:15.

I know distance wise walking to DTD is longer, but does it feel like a longer walk? Decision, decisions.
So say you park at Garden Walk 7:15am, you will probably get in the Harbor line around 735am? I am guessing the line will be long but move fast once the check in opens at 815am.

From Garden Walk to to DTD entry it is about 1.2 miles. Google Maps says it will take 24 minutes. It took me 15 minutes, but my pace is a bit faster than most and I didn't wait at any crosswalks. Then you got another .4 miles from DTD entry to the park entrance areas. That walk is and feels long.
Keep in mind I would have taken an Uber from Garden Walk to DTD if the Uber would be picking me up sooner.

So say you park at Garden Walk 7:15am, you will probably get in the Harbor line around 735am? I am guessing the line will be long but move fast once the check in opens at 815am.

From Garden Walk to to DTD entry it is about 1.2 miles. Google Maps says it will take 24 minutes. It took me 15 minutes, but my pace is a bit faster than most and I didn't wait at any crosswalks. Then you got another .4 miles from DTD entry to the park entrance areas. That walk is and feels long.
Keep in mind I would have taken an Uber from Garden Walk to DTD if the Uber would be picking me up sooner.
Thanks! Maybe we stick with our original plan of the Harbor side entrance. I have read it seems to move fast when it gets going and most are still in the parks by 8:15-8:30.

We got in line on the Harbor side about 8am today, and were on Main Street at 9am. One of our teens slowed us down this morning, but was grumpy about the long lines to get through security so maybe that will be motivation to get moving faster tomorrow!

Btw, if your goal is to be in the park by opening (9am). Be aware that park and some attractions are opening up much earlier than 9am. On average it is really between 815 and 830am.

Btw, if your goal is to be in the park by opening (9am). Be aware that park and some attractions are opening up much earlier than 9am. On average it is really between 815 and 830am.
I've been following this thread, trying to prepare myself for our August trip.
Is that amount of early opening time true just of the 9 a.m. openings?
Or for 8:00 openings, do they open around 7:15-7:30? I guess this would be based on pre-pandemic experiences, since I don't think they've opened that early since then. Just trying to prepare myself, though we should have a bit of an advantage coming from the east coast as our body clocks "ought" to be 3 hours ahead -- though the travel day might mess all that up anyhow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter