What to carry?

earldale97

Need a Disney fix? Sing this and you'll be there f
I plan on having a fanny pack for our money and to hang our camera bag on.(small camera)

But what are your thoughts on a backpack? I have either school size or a little smaller. Would like to have ponchos, snacks and sweatshirts readily available. Is it too much of a hassle on rides etc to carry a bag?

I thought about getting a locker, but the parks are so big if I needed anything I'm sure I would talk myself out of the walk to get it. Are the lockers easily accessible?

We are going the end of Nov this year.

TIA!

:wave2:

Depends on who is in your party and what rides you plan to be on :)

We brought a well-stocked diaper bag/backpack on our trip in December with our three kids. This trip there will be four kids and we'll probably do the same. But, they are little and we spent a lot of time in shows and on family-friendly rides. I can't vouch for the more intense ones.

get a stroller and then on the hasty rides leave it on the stroller - I know you are taken a change - but you have your values with you in your fanny pack ALWAYS!!!

on most of the rides it will go in your lap, under the seat, or between or under your knees. - Splash mountain, space mountain, btm, tot,ms, tt - so you can do it - it just takes a little longer - especially getting it out....:o

I would go with the smaller backpack...I used a small backpack purse and I carried 2 cameras, my wallet, about 10 pins, a 24oz bottle of water, a couple gronola bars, some tissues, advil, small hairbrush, and my cell phone it was nice and easy and it didn't wiegh that much at all.
The lockers are located at the front of all the parks and if you need to go back to them it might waste some time.

It depends on how big the fanny pack is. I like to hang anything and everything off the fanny pack. So I either have the poncho folded up neatly into the fanny pack or folded over the waist strap itself. For sweatshirts, I just tie those around my waist so it is ALWAYS available to me.:p

As a veteran park-hopper, I highly recommend the fanny pack only. I use one disney plastic bag (the kind your purchases come in) to put all the ponchos in and thread the bag through the waist strap. If you have a DH or older kid, they can wear a fanny pack as well.
Invest in a good leather one with plenty of compartments--camera, suntan lotion, tickets, credit card, cash, lipstick, watch--they all can fit and it isn't heavy at all.
If possible, have your park purchases taken to guest relations up front, but avoid doing this at MK--it's madness when the park closes--the line was 45 minutes long the one night I made a "mistake" and checked our purchases. You can get on any attraction freely with a fanny pack.

Have a wonderful time.
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

I usually carry a small backpack or camcorder bag in addition to a small fanny pack & have never had any problems with rides. The only ride I can't vouch for is Mission:Space.

It is easier to just use a fanny pack, but depending on the time of year, I like to have a sweater or something handy, I always have to have my trusty water bottle, camera etc. Due to major health concerns, I also have to lug around a small pharmacy.... I did find an awesome fannypack in Epcot that will hold everything & use that now quite often instead of the backpack.

I saw a family on Tuesday who rented a stroller to carry their backpacks. There were 3 backpacks in the stroller, no child in site.

We all wear a fanny pack. Sometimes my dh will use a backpack. We do have the Mickey ponchos but they usually just sit in the room!!! I buy those disposable ponchos and keep one or two in each fanny pack. In my fanny pack I carry...disp. poncho, chapstick, tissues, camera, a little cash, ALL the passes. Each person has a poncho in theirs and a snack or two. Dd carries her autograph book/pen in hers. Every trip seems to winnow out our fanny packs!!! I started carrying the whole shebang, then it got so that I can almost use my pockets!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter