What to do if you're pregnant?

FirstTimertoDiz

<font color=teal>I love visiting NYC<br><font colo
DH and I just found out last Friday that I am pregnant with our first child :D (we have been trying for almost three years now)....we are absolutely thrilled, but now we don't know if we are still going to go to Disney this June 15 as planned. When we go, I will be at the beginning of my second trimester, and so of course all of the wild rides are out.

Since DH and I have never been to the world, though, we need help on knowing just what there is to do other than ride the rides? Should we just go to Epcot and Animal Kingdom, and not bother with MK and MGM? We also have Universal tickets, and I am assuming that is out, too. We do have Cirque du Soleil tickets, and tickets to the Holyland Experience which we can still do, so I am excited about those!

Any help on suggestions of things we can do is appreciated!!

Lisa

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

There is plenty to do in all of the parks. MGM has some of the best shows.
I would see Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback, Fantasmic and Indiana Jones in MGM. At MK there are several slower rides that I would think would be just fine:
Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Carribean, Haunted Mansion, not to mention shows like TIki room, Country Bear Jamboree, Diamond Horseshoe review and of course all 4 parades (1 for each park:D )

You also mentioned that you had Cirque tickets, so perhaps you could plan a leisurly evening in Downtown Disney, shopping, relaxing and don't forget to treat yourself to a Ghiradhelli sundae!

WDW is truly a magical place. There is so much to see as well as do. All of the details are easy to miss if you just run around in all of the excitement. In a way you will have the best of it for you will be forced to slow down and smell the roses :D

I would just plan on going slowly and drinking LOTS of water. Bring water bottles from home as water is $2.50 a bottle in the parks. Schedule some character meals as they tend to bring out the kid in you as well as being able to get off your feet and into some aircondidtioning. lol.

Just go and enjoy!

Congratulations! I've been twice to WDW while pregnant and you'll be surprised at how much you can do. You should be feeling fine since it's your second trimester (that's when I went). As eeyorefanatic said, drink lots of water. That was my dr.'s only real advice--he said that every year he has a couple of mothers-to-be that end up hospitalized down there for dehydration. It will help you not to swell up in the heat also. Just try to keep a leisurely pace, take advantage of the pool and have a great time (just think, next time you'll have a young one in tow!!!):D

Think of it as your planning trip for the new baby! Since you will be taking it slower you'll have time to really check out things you'll be doing soon as a family! And there's still plenty to do (as already noted by other posts). This trip will make it much easier when you go with your child - you'll know your way around and what to see and do. You may just want to play it by ear as far as all of your original plans are concerned - it will all depend on how you are feeling and how the heat affects you. Make sure the DH pampers you to the max and make sure there's extra room in the luggage as your hormone swings may send you into buying binges for baby! Better yet - have the stuff shipped!

Congratulations!!!
You should be feeling great during the second trimester, so go ahead and have a ball. Just make sure you listen to your body, if you need to rest, do it! Take your pace slow and little chunks of parks at a time and you'll be fine. Nap in the afternoon if you need to or jusst lounge by the pool to get refreshed. Definetly be drinking lots of water.

You'll really be able to do lots of things at all the parks. Get a maternity swimsuit and enjoy all the pools or waterparks too!!

Congrats on the wonderful news. They are many rides and attractions that can be viewed/experienced as noted above. My wife and I went in late May the year she delivered in Sept. SHe didn't ride Space Mtn, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, Twilight Zone, those types of things. But she did everything else. Just make sure you have lots of water and take advantage of all the benches.

I went last year at 13 weeks, and had a wonderful time. When we first found out I was pregnant (after 18 months of trying and a miscarriage), we had a trip planned for when I would be 36 weeks. Well, we cancelled that and quickly planned a trip for the beginning of my 2nd trimester.

There are many, many things to do at WDW while you are pregnant (don't know about Universal). I went on most rides (except the ones where a warning is posted - the mountains, ToT, RnRC, motion simulators, Test Track), saw a whole bunch of shows, and imagined what it would be like to take my child with me the next time. Be sure to stay hydrated, and since you haven't been before, you may want to take a look at the park maps to be sure you'll be able to find the restrooms.

Enjoy your trip. I enjoyed my pregnancy trip to WDW, and in 3 days, I'll be bringing my 5 month old daughter to WDW for her very first trip.

--Kathy

Do not hesitate to go. I STILL do not ride most of the things I was not supposed to when pregnant! Just remember to stop and put your feet up every hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter