What to do on the 7 day western?

dalmationlover

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone.

My family (DH, DD (11), DS(9), DA, DN (8)) will be on the Western July 19, 2003. I am tring to plan our excursions but I'm terrible confused. What activies would be fun for the whole family? I want to book some activities ahead of time but I am afraid if I book to much we won't be able just to relax on the beach. Also how good of a swimmer do you need to be to do the snorkling. My DH does not swim, can he still snorkle with a life vest.

My other question is regarding the kids club. My son and Nephew will be together in the Oceaner club and my daughter will be in the Oceaner Lab. I've noticed by looking at past navigators that alot of the activities for both clubs are the same and at the same time. Does this mean the two groups will be together. My DD is shy and it will help her if she knows her brother will be there at least until she gets comfortable.

I've been lurking on these boards for about a month, so I know there is alot of experienced cruisers out there. I hope you can help. We are getting more excited the closer our cruise is but I'm having more and more questions.

Welcome dalmationlover. I am on the Western May 10 cruise and just posted info on the Key West Sunset celebration. Every night, 2 hrs before sunset, they have performers, artists, food vendors right outside the ship in Mallory Square. There is even a Performing Cat Show. Click on the link below to see what they
offer for late afternoon/early evening just outside the ship. Check out the Artist Index link

http://www.sunsetcelebration.org/

Hi dalmationlover,

We were on the Western in March and had a great time. We decided not to do any excursions in Key West so we just walked around town and had lunch at Sloppy Joe's. We had planned to snorkle with the stingrays in GC but unfortunately we could not port there. I think you can snorkle with a life vest because we were going to have DD who is 7 and can sort of swim do this with us. Maybe someone who actually got to do this can answer this question better. In Cozumel we did the dolphin discovery which was a lot of fun. You are only in wasit deep water and you have a life vest on. You can also stay in the park afterwards and hang out on the beach if you want to.

All three kids will be in the Oceaner Lab but will be split into different age groups: 8-10 yo and 11-12 yo. So, your DD will be in the Lab with her brother most of the time. They will only be split up when the different age groups are doing different activities. I also think that your DD can go with the 8-10yo if she feels more comfortable, but you might want to check this when you sign her up at the club. Once she meets other girls in her age group she will have a blast.
LeiLani

We just returned from the Western and only did one excursion which we booked a week before the cruise through the following web site:

http://www.cozumel.travelnotes.cc/tours/dunebuggy.html

Finding something to do with younger children was not easy, but this excursion was a blast. Our girls are 5 and 6 and had a ball in the back seat of the dune buggy. The water was a little rough for snorkeling that day, but the lunch, the guides and the interaction with our fellow buggy drivers/riders was awesome. I highly recommend this for a fun, very wild experience you will never forget.

Beth

Ha Ha Ha Buckaroo Dad.......I loved that ! Sounds like something I would have said to my ex-husband

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter