What to do with a 2yr old at Universal.

dogcloud

Earning My Ears
We will be going to Disney in a few weeks :Pinkbounc and will spending a day at Universal and a day at Sea World (never been either) anyone have advice on what not to be missed with a 2 yr old, or how long the lines will be?

Hi

We are taking our 2 year old to Universal and Disney also. (along with 7 and 9 year old)

Here's what I found:
Universal Studios has BARNEY & BABYBOP!!!

http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/website/usf_attractions_2.html

They also have Shrek where you can watch the movie on a stationary seat so that it won't scare the young ones.

OKAY>>>that is enough to make her head spin. Otherwise she will be napping in the stroller for 2-3 hours a day while we "babyswap" rides. There are playlands at almost all parks for toddlers. We also pack floaty baby boat to bring along and blow up at the pool & other baby pool toys. :banana:

Have fun!

We were just at Universal for the first time, and although my kids are a bit older, my four-year-old LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED Seuss Landing at Islands of Adventure. If your child knows the Dr. Seuss books, then that is the place to go. You could easily spend a morning there. There is a playground (if I ran the zoo), rides (Cat in the Hat and One Fish Two Fish) and a carouseussel (Carousel) which is great. It is also bright and visually appealing for kids and just magical. We really enjoyed it. There are also places to eat my son really enjoyed the Green Eggs and Ham. He also enjoyed the Jurassic Park play area and the discovery center and the Olive ship at Toon Lagoon.

At Universal he liked the Curious George play area and could have stayed there a long time, but there seems to be less for little ones. Shrek is intense and possibly scary with a visit to a cemetery etc so keep that in mind. We loved it, but my DS, 4 would not go on it twice. He did like ET a lot.

I would suggest IOA instead of UO if you only have one day with a child that age.

I went with DS last June, just before he turned 2. We rode ET, played at the Barney playground, did the Barney show, rode the boat at Jaws (he sat in the very middle) and saw Shrek.

We were at Universal last Nov. My DDs were 13mths and 2yrs old at that time and the only thing they cared about was BARNEY!!!!!! My dd also loved seeing all the characters from rugrats and Dora. Shrek scared her a little but the curious george WET play area was a blast. They also have the animal planet live show and ET! Personally, I think that the studios has more stuff you can do with young kids, the only thing at IOA is Dr.Seuss land and the lines are always crazy long. We stayed on site and had FOTL...so the waits were not that bad, still about 20 mins for the one fish two fish ride.

Hope this helps.
Bartty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter