What to do with expiring points?

Sid74

DIS Veteran
Hi,

We bought into DVC on our trip last October, and got sold a June use year, even though we take trips in October, so when June came around this year we already had 200 points to bank.

We were going to use them for a christmas trip to Disneyland Paris, but member services still weren't booking for christmas by this time last month, so we had to come up with something else.:sad2:

I sent my sister and her boyfriend for a couple of days to DLP in October, and my friend and I will be going for 4 days in March, I can't extend my trip because the eurostar tickets are booked and they are non refundable, no exchanges etc.., but that still leaves me with 32 points that will expire at the end of May. My sister wanted to go again, so that would have gotten rid of them, but she told me last night that she now can't take the trip.:confused3

What do I do with them? Do I just have to bite the bullet and let them die? I really hate the idea of them just expiring, but I can't think of anything else to do with them.:confused: If you can think of any other options, please let me know.

Thanks.

I take it the 32 points are from your 07UY? Have you thought about renting them to someone who may need them?

Claire ;)

Yes, they are from my 07 UY.

I didn't think anyone would want just 32 OKW points, especially when they are due to expire so soon.:confused3

Are you feeling better now Claire? I see that you have managed to rearrange your trip for February, hope you have a great time.:thumbsup2 (my birthday is the day after yours).

Yes, they are from my 07 UY.

I didn't think anyone would want just 32 OKW points, especially when they are due to expire so soon.:confused3

Are you feeling better now Claire? I see that you have managed to rearrange your trip for February, hope you have a great time.:thumbsup2 (my birthday is the day after yours).

Someone may want a quick trip with 32 points could get three night mid week at OKW in May (30pts), if you get a ressie and rent it out on the DVC rental boards 30 days prior to check in. Would be priced at about $10 a point. Or I think you may be able to transfer them to someone elses account.

BTW your birthday must be the 14th then? Also feeling better but still need a check up.

Claire ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter