What to do with leftover egg yolks?

That sounds good. Can you share a recipe?
Sure! This is the recipe I use, with some modifications.
- if I don’t have coconut extract, I add an extra teaspoon of vanilla extract and call it a day.
- after I boil the mixture I remove it from the heat and add 1 Tbs butter and 3 oz diced cream cheese (not necessary but it “pluses” it up a little)
- if I have shredded coconut, i’ll Pulse a little in the food processor for a minute or two and stir it in.

I chill it and eat like pudding, or pour it into a pre-baked pie crust and then let chill overnight.

AB99E28B-5BD0-4981-9161-480969A100BE.png

I would have mangled them so bad just trying to separate them that I'm sure I would have tossed them quickly. Eliminate the evidence of my lack of cooking skills asap.

You could also add them to salads.

@ronandannette, do you have Aldi's up there?
No. Even if we did, it wouldn't matter. Dairy and eggs are commodities that are federally controlled through "marketing boards" and the prices on fluid milk and eggs are never discounted. They are never used as loss-leaders and prices are consistent within pennies no matter where you buy them (within the same market area).

Homemade butterscotch pudding or homemade butterscotch pie. We had a family recipe that called for 2 egg yolks, so I was frequently looking for just the opposite of you-ways to use up egg whites. Mom would made pudding or pie, depending on how much incentive she had to make pie crust.

I also just pitch them. Sadly, that is my favorite part, but I have heard you aren't supposed to eat too many of them. Every now and then I get on the kick of eating egg whites for breakfast.

I have heard flan needs a lot of egg yolks.

I know a co-worker makes Easter Cascarones for her nieces and uses the egg yolks for flan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter