What to do with walnuts

MazdaUK

<font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><
My MIL brought me back a big ziplock bag of walnuts from Hungary. They're currently sitting in my freezer to keep them fresh. Any suggestions for good recipes using walnuts? Particularly a walnut bread recipe :goodvibes: (for the breadmaker)

These are yummy, and you can even put chopped walnuts in banana bread.

Chinese Fried Walnuts recipe
6 cups water
4 cups walnuts
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Vegetable oil

Bring water and walnuts to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Drain nuts. Mix nuts with sugar. Fry a quarter of the nuts at a time in 1 inch of hot oil until nuts turn golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.

Yields about 4 cups.

I am not sure there are too many yeast bread recipes that use walnuts. However, I'm sure you can find a lot of quick breads using them, like banana bread, zucchini bread, date nut bread, etc.

Glad you have them in the freezer. I keep mine in zip-bags and they stay for quite a while. You may want/need to toast them lightly if they've been in the freezer for a while to bring out more of the flavor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter