What to wear for Traditions and classes?

DisneyGirlie

DIS Veteran
I'm sure this has been asked before, so I apologize in advance. I had been reading the non-costumed role section of the DCP website to help me out with this, but there are a ton of details and I'm still unsure if that applies to Traditions and classes. If anyone knows what is acceptable to wear, I'd really appreciate it. I'm not worried about the bottoms, I'm pretty sure the "business" style pants and a pencil skirt (not too tight and past my knees) will be alright. Now, I'm unsure of what sorts of tops to wear. I obviously wouldn't try anything low-cut or sleeveless, but I'm just looking for advice. What did YOU wear? :goodvibes

Thanks!

Heads up... when I hear pencil skirt I often think heels... Traditions has a walking tour so wear comfy shoes!

I think I wore a skirt and blazer for my first Traditions and the second time a skirt and sweater.

Any nice shirt will do, you can do sleeveless with a sweater or jacket over it.

I think I wore a skirt and blazer for my first Traditions and the second time a skirt and sweater.

Any nice shirt will do, you can do sleeveless with a sweater or jacket over it.

wear a light color because it is really humid now! The sun is really brutal!

Yeah, I heard about the shoes thing, so I'm just going to wear flats to Traditions. Any other tips?! Thanks guys! Oh, and I know the Disney look regarding hair and makeup that applies toward work, but do I have to wear "natural" makeup and so on to Traditions and classes too? Just wondering what the typical thing is! :goodvibes

The Disney look applies to Traditions in all aspects. You'll be asked to remove something that isn't within the guidelines or you could be asked to come another time. I had to take off a necklace cause I was wearing two and I forgot to take a hair band off my wrist and they asked me to remove that too. I wear brown eye lines to work and I believe I wore it to Traditions, so you don't have to be totally natural and plain, just tasteful and not distracting.

Do they care what color the tops are? I swear I'm afraid to buy anything that's not black and white.

I wouldn't worry that much, it sounds like they are intimidating you with the Disney Look. Just be tasteful, classic and timeless. That is really the point of the Disney Look. Any color will do for your top as long as you look "conservatively normal." if you are ever in the parks and see a manager, take note of what they're wearing. That is what they are looking for.

Remember that you'll be working for Disney, where dreams come true. Not a defense attorney's office ;D

are khaki pants for guys ok for traditions or disney classes?

neat, clean, and pressed khaki pants are fine. No cargo pants though.

For the guys, this shirt pictured below is what I call "the Disney Manager shirt" ... nearly all my managers when I was working in the parks had at least one of this shirt in various colors. Typically paired with khaki or black pants.

basic-editions-boys-short-sleeve-button-down-plaid-shirt-6844598

I've worn a top with bright colors to a training class that I had to be in tune with the Disney look for. It just shouldn't be a wild pattern that is distracting.

So are simple pattern/designs okay to wear for business tops? Because I bought a few tops that have like a small floral pattern on them. Oh well when I go to my traditions I'll just bring an extra top that's like solid color for just incase lol

neat, clean, and pressed khaki pants are fine. No cargo pants though.

For the guys, this shirt pictured below is what I call "the Disney Manager shirt" ... nearly all my managers when I was working in the parks had at least one of this shirt in various colors. Typically paired with khaki or black pants.

thank you very much. so we can wear short sleeve shirts?

As also stated during the Traditions class/Presentation, you will be required to wear formal attire.In the south, many of the upper class and politically powerful are Christian.

I wouldn't worry that much, it sounds like they are intimidating you with the Disney Look. Just be tasteful, classic and timeless. That is really the point of the Disney Look. Any color will do for your top as long as you look "conservatively normal." if you are ever in the parks and see a manager, take note of what they're wearing. That is what they are looking for.

Remember that you'll be working for Disney, where dreams come true. Not a defense attorney's office ;D

haha oops. I went shopping and got all my clothes, but they do look more like I would be working in an attorney's office. Maybe the flats and not heels will tone it down though. They are very business professional, but I feel like it is definitely in the Disney Look guidelines, and that's all I care about. And, all my shirts are solid colors in good taste! Thanks guys!

Hey! i have some info about traditions and training and everything in my blog, if you wanna check it out. if you have any questions feel free to ask!

alyssasdreamcometrue.blogspot.com

When ever I dress professionally, I always wear heels because I don't have flats. I have tiny feet (size 5 and I can go down to a size 2 depending on the brand). Would a small heel also be confortable? I must start searching now! As for clothes, for church I wear dress pants and dress shirts that are colorful, which is something I would bring for the classes.
I think as long as you can make something look professional and not showing so much skin and looking crazy, it'll be okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter