What was the last NON DVC Hotel built before POP?

jade1

I spend half my money on WDW, and waste the rest.
Was wondering if anyone has the WDW Hotel timeline sice they seem to have gone to all DVC Hotels lately. I think before PC it must have been either AS Movies, WL or CSR?

Would like to see all WDW built in order since CR if someone knows for fun.

CR......1971?
POLY...1972?
XXXX...etc

I'm guessing Coronado Springs? AKL was the last Deluxe built without an accompanying DVC, I think.

I thought it was the GF (but, then again, I could also be having a "senior moment" :rotfl2: ).

I'm guessing Coronado Springs? AKL was the last Deluxe built without an accompanying DVC, I think.

Completely forgot AKL-I think that's it.

I would guess the 80's had the most NON DVC's built?

I had this in my computer somewhere.

All-Star Music 11/01/94
All-Star Sports 04/29/94
All-Star Movies 01/15/99
Animal Kingdom Lodge 04/16/01
Beach Club Resort 11/19/90
Beach Club Villas 7/1/02
BoardWalk Inn 7/1/96
BoardWalk Villas 6/30/96
Caribbean Beach Resort 10/1/88
Contemporary Resort 10/1/71
Coronado Springs Resort 8/1/97
Fort Wilderness Resort and Campgrounds 10/1/71
Grand Floridian Beach Resort 6/28/88
Old Key West Resort (formerly Disney Vacation Club Resort) 10/1/91
Polynesian Resort 10/1/71
Pop Century Resort 12/14/03
Port Orleans French Quarter Resort (formerly Port Orleans Resort) 5/17/91
Port Orleans Riverside Resort (formerly Dixie Landings Resort) 2/2/92
Saratoga Springs Resort (formerly Villas at Disney Institute) 5/27/04
Wilderness Lodge 5/28/94
Villas at Wilderness Lodge 11/15/00
Yacht Club Resort 11/5/90

Sorry it isn't chronological, but it seems the last non-DVC resort to open before Pop Century was Animal Kingdom Lodge in 2001.

Animal Kingdom was the last non-DVC built before Pop Century. It opened in 2001. It is getting a DVC section, now, too. (but I'm sure you already know that) :)

All-Star Music 11/01/94
All-Star Sports 04/29/94
All-Star Movies 01/15/99
Beach Club Villas 7/1/02
BoardWalk Inn 7/1/96
BoardWalk Villas 6/30/96
Wilderness Lodge 5/28/94

Sorry it isn't chronological, but it seems the last non-DVC resort to open before Pop Century was Animal Kingdom Lodge in 2001.

Very nice, looks like the 90's had the most.

1970's.........3.....WDW
1980's.........2.....WDW
1990's........10.....WDW.....2.....DVC
2000's.........2.....WDW......4.....DVC (with AKV).

Hopefully buy 2020 there will be as many new resorts as we saw in the 90's.

We can dream, can't we? ;)

You really want more resorts/DVC Resorts at WDW?????

I'm sure others would disagree but there is more than enough resorts now IMO. I would love to see AKV be the last resort built at WDW. Parks are too crowded now for my taste.

Now add a 5th gate and I might change my opinion.:confused3

I'm sure others would disagree but there is more than enough resorts now IMO. I would love to see AKV be the last resort built at WDW. Parks are too crowded now for my taste.

I'm not sure more onsite resorts would, by default, increase the overall number of folks in the parks, since many stay off-site now and visit the parks. What it would likely increase is the number of onsite guests. As it is reported now, there are times all WDW resorts have no availability.

However, if they build more resorts, and increase onsite guests, amd IF overall park attendance increases, either a 5th gate or substantial improvements to existing smaller parks (MGM/AK) would ge a given.

I'm not sure more onsite resorts would, by default, increase the overall number of folks in the parks, since many stay off-site now and visit the parks. What it would likely increase is the number of onsite guests. As it is reported now, there are times all WDW resorts have no availability.

However, if they build more resorts, and increase onsite guests, amd IF overall park attendance increases, either a 5th gate or substantial improvements to existing smaller parks (MGM/AK) would ge a given.

I agree. What are the camparative off-site Disney Resort numbers?

All-Star Music 11/01/94
All-Star Sports 04/29/94
All-Star Movies 01/15/99
Beach Club Villas 7/1/02
BoardWalk Inn 7/1/96
BoardWalk Villas 6/30/96
Wilderness Lodge 5/28/94

I'm guessing Golf Resort/ Disney Inn/ Shades of Green opened 10/1/71 with the CR and Poly?

For instance - I tried to book a room for the first week of April and the only Disney resort available was SSR. Now, for a person who enjoys DVC resorts, that was fine. For someone who wanted a regular resort room, that was not so good. I would actually like to see more resorts for the variety instead of crowd control, but that's just me. :)

1970's.........3.....WDW
1980's.........2.....WDW
1990's........10.....WDW.....2.....DVC
2000's.........2.....WDW......4.....DVC (with AKV).

Remember the WDW resort expansion was orchestrated by Eisner/Wells and the 1990s was the Disney decade. Conditions were very different back then.

DVC is their premier resort money maker now. And it boosts repeat guest, trip length and average spend metrics -- all this from one program.

I have to agree.

Considering Disney is thousands of employees short in housekeeping and maintenance and in my opinion it is beginning to show in how the rooms are cleaned and the upkeep, I have to question how are they going to staff more resorts.

Until they can get the current staffing problems under control, I can only think adding more rooms is only going to make things worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter