What will Disney's next set of restrictions be?

There are lots of threads on this issue, it does not appear practical for DVD to allow them all to end at the same time and sell that many new points, as it could take over a decade, and cash renting that many high cost rooms appears unlikely, so migrating all of them to DVC II is not likely.

Interesting... DVC probably realized having resorts with the same expiration date wasn't such a great plan. I'll go look up those threads. 2042 isn't all that far off. I feel like the last 20 years flew by :)

There are lots of threads on this issue, it does not appear practical for DVD to allow them all to end at the same time and sell that many new points, as it could take over a decade, and cash renting that many high cost rooms appears unlikely, so migrating all of them to DVC II is not likely.
I think with the Pandemic going on I think Disney is very happy to have so many DVC Hotels that are essentially guaranteed prepaid rooms vs all the empty cash hotels they have right now. We might even only see DVC hotels from now on being built. It mitigates a lot of risk for them.

I think it was 100% correct that disney isnt going to want to have BRV, BWV, BCV, most of OKW, All expire and have to resell at the same time as new DVC properties. That could be a problem. Who knows what the economy will by like in 22 years. I know people don't think they will offer extensions but I think they will try to on some of those. I also imagine they will want to raise the point charts on BWV and BCV to at least BLT, RIV charts so they can sell more points. But the thing is the Executives and Managers making decisions now wont be worried what happens in 22 years when who knows will be in charge then. Which is another reason I could see DVC take back the RIV restrictions because the Managers at Disney will want to make changes now when their jobs are on the line not in the long term scheme of things when they could be replaced.

Demand for DVC isn't infinite and assuming they continue to build new DVC resorts between now and 2042, that saturation point could possibly be reached before 2042. Problem solved!

Demand for DVC isn't infinite and assuming they continue to build new DVC resorts between now and 2042, that saturation point could possibly be reached before 2042. Problem solved!
Who knows. lol Its such an unknown. The Saturation Point could be raised though if they do decided to ever build a 5th Park. Which the pressure of Universal Orlando keep pushing Walt Disney World too. Covid aside though, the parks were insanely crowded before all of this, so say we are back to normal in 2 years. Crowds return to normal. The Demand is there a 5th Park Gives Guests a place to go which in turn creates more demand for hotels.

What I would be interested in is if they start converting other "levels" of hotels.

Could they do different levels of DVC resorts? Possibly doing something at AOA/POP and have the nightly rates be like 5 points/night? Maybe they further change over CBR in to a bunch of areas around the med? You could have a Greek, Spain, and Egypt based hotels?

I didn't read the whole thread, but.... The one thing I never really understood about the resale restrictions was what is Disney trying to accomplish.

Resale restrictions reduces demand for resale purchases, which therefore increases demand for direct purchases. I get that. But eventually, prices follow. If demand reduces for resale, prices go down. Lower prices means higher demand. Eventually your going to find yourself at the same equilibrium. Maybe once the dust settles, that equilibrium price is lower than it was pre-restrictions. But who cares. Now the gap between resale and direct is just larger. Those who want to pay the lower price will have more incentive to go the resale route. Those who want the ease of transaction and no restrictions will still go the direct route.

The only way any of this makes sense is if they go the route of the upgrade fee. Upgrade your resale points to direct benefits for some dollar figure. The amount would have to be a bit lower than the difference between direct and resale, otherwise nobody would ever pay for the upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter