What will do again once you get your second COVID vaccine?

Assuming you don't do these things already, what will do again once you get your 2nd COVID vaccine?

• Eat inside a restaurant.

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • Go to a movie theater.

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Fly on an airplane.

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Have friends over for a meal.

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Use a clothing store dressing room.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Go to the dentist.

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Go to nonemergency doctor appointments.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Go to parties.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other, because there's always an other.

Votes: 26 45.6%

• Total voters
I get my second vaccine next week. I plan to do absolutely NOTHING different at all because that only protects ME. It doesn't protect me from carrying the virus and giving it to others. We still have more work and waiting to do here.
Maybe. We still don't know. Although it's very likely it will significantly slow or stop the virus from spreading. Only time will tell us for sure.

I don't have vaccine and not sure I even will but have done the following for months now-
Eat inside a restaurant.
Go to a movie theater.
Have friends over for a meal.
Use a clothing store dressing room.
Go to the dentist.
Go to nonemergency doctor appointments.

I can't believe people are putting off dentist and Dr appointments even without the vaccine! I don't go to crowded places but other than that trying to live as normal as possible. A local venue has started having live music so I am happy to get back to seeing some bands live-even if they are tribute bands and not the "real thing"

I can't believe people are putting off dentist and Dr appointments even without the vaccine! I don't go to crowded places but other than that trying to live as normal as possible. A local venue has started having live music so I am happy to get back to seeing some bands live-even if they are tribute bands and not the "real thing"

Some of us have no choice. My country is effectively shut down by the Government, there are no in person dentist or doctor appointments, all schools are closed, all non essential business is shut down. We are not allowed further than 5km from our home for non essential reasons, which includes exercise and there are Police checkpoints and the Police issue fines for going outside the 5km without a valid reason.

I don't have vaccine and not sure I even will but have done the following for months now-
Eat inside a restaurant.
Go to a movie theater.
Have friends over for a meal.
Use a clothing store dressing room.
Go to the dentist.
Go to nonemergency doctor appointments.

Not receiving appropriate and timely medical care is especially troubling. We are already seeing conditions that could have been easily treated if detected early.

I don’t have the vaccine but I’m doing all of those things now. I haven’t gone to a movie theater yet, but that’s just because there hasn’t been anything out I wanted to see. Other than that I do all of those things and have been since the beginning of May. I also go to the gym.

I have already been doing what is allowed in my area (NYS), and I plan to follow the rules when I get vaccinated. I'm really looking forward to when things can open up though!

I apologize for the tangent, but I didn't think we needed another Covid vaccine thread (lol)

Does anyone have an idea (or opinion) on when the CDC will release new guidelines for fully vaccinated people? Is there a known timeframe where the science data collected will be forth coming? Are they waiting until the vaccine is available to everyone so as not to further stress the rollout? Do you think knowing that your life can resume closer to the 'old normal' would influence more people to get the vaccine?

In my area, there is the belief that they know d*mn well that vaccinated people aren't a spread threat to the population, but they can't say it yet (much like the mask debacle from earlier). :oops:

From the UK so out of that list the only thing I can/have done is visit the dentist for check up. It will be a while here before the rest of that list is allowed.

I'm a big advocate of being careful but even as probably one of the most careful people out there I know of, I've done most of these. Which means everybody else probably have been doing them all :rotfl:
Other than go to a movie theater or have people over to eat (which I rarely if ever did prior to pandemic anyway), go to parties (people I know aren't having them), and use a clothing store dressing room (I'm not opposed and don't actually understand the reasoning behind putting this on the list, but haven't had much of a reason to shop for new clothes this year) - the only thing left is fly on an airplane. If it had been easy enough to travel (meaning no extensive quarantines at destination or upon return, easy to find a place to get required testing at the time, flights not cancelled, etc.) I would have probably done that already too.

I was wondering how everyone will change their lives, or not, once they are fully vaccinated for COVID. Don't forget, you have to wait two weeks after the second shot for the vaccine to fully take effect and none of the vaccines provide 100% protection.
Unfortunately you can still be a carrier. I get my second shot tomorrow but until we have the high risk people vaccinated, I’ll continue doing what I’m doing. 😕

I have a good friend who, like me, married a beautiful much-younger woman. I also have a place I patronize which has the best chicken wings in Miami (Hammocks Grill), and early in the pandemic they gave out coupons for free draft beer when they reopen. I have three of those coupons, and I've been wanting to take my buddy to Hammocks Grill to show him what really good wings are like.

We will both be getting our second shots in the next couple of weeks, so we're planning an outing. We'll send the girls pics of the wings and beer.

I'm a big advocate of being careful but even as probably one of the most careful people out there I know of, I've done most of these. Which means everybody else probably have been doing them all :rotfl:
Other than go to a movie theater or have people over to eat (which I rarely if ever did prior to pandemic anyway), go to parties (people I know aren't having them), and use a clothing store dressing room (I'm not opposed and don't actually understand the reasoning behind putting this on the list, but haven't had much of a reason to shop for new clothes this year) - the only thing left is fly on an airplane. If it had been easy enough to travel (meaning no extensive quarantines at destination or upon return, easy to find a place to get required testing at the time, flights not cancelled, etc.) I would have probably done that already too.
You hit the nail on the head...being careful. Many of the precautions are overkill. They in place are because some folks aren't cautious.

I won't change everything, but we will see our families (who we haven't seen since December 2019). And my best friend and I are going to our vacation home in the mountains and spend a weekend there NOT taking care of/homeschooling kids, cooking, or cleaning. We will probably also catch up on all the medical appointments we've put off in the last year.

I don't see is risking eating inside a restaurant or going into a movie theater until herd immunity is reached.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter