What will make you return to the parks?

I’m expecting school to be online in the fall.
How will most parents (most families have both working full time) go back to work if their kids are still at home?

How will a 7 year-old child who barely speaks English learn the academic content that he or she needs while also learning to speak English, at home, with parents who also barely speak English and are also busy working full time?

How will an autistic child who needs structured socialization to become higher functioning continue to progress?

How will a child with adhd and busy parents who don't have time to manage him or her be able to learn the academic content needed?

These are ordinary, very common types of students that all public schools in America have to serve. They aren't going to learn what they need to at home. They would be lucky to learn 1/10th of what they need to.

How will most parents (most families have both working full time) go back to work if their kids are still at home?

How will a 7 year-old child who barely speaks English learn the academic content that he or she needs while also learning to speak English, at home, with parents who also barely speak English and are also busy working full time?

How will an autistic child who needs structured socialization to become higher functioning continue to progress?

How will a child with adhd and busy parents who don't have time to manage him or her be able to learn the academic content needed?

These are ordinary, very common types of students that all public schools in America have to serve. They aren't going to learn what they need to at home. They would be lucky to learn 1/10th of what they need to.

You can send your concerns to the school board I guess? Hopefully we get a treatment and the cases go down before school starts. Hopefully we aren’t in the middle of a second wave.

Off topic, but you might want to reconsider the 3 age. At 2, he’s still free. And if you think he’ll remember much at 3... we’ll, we went when my son was 5, 7 (DL), 8 and 9. At 11, he only remembers the trip from when he was 9 and the one when he was 8. He doesn’t remember going to DL at age 7 at all and blurs that with the other trips, and if I pointedly ask him about details of the trip when he was 5, he doesn’t have any. He knows he went, but that’s about it. It hurts a bit that he’s forgotten what we assumed would be cherished memories.

So, I’d recommend you hit Disney when he’s still 2, even if it’s only a few weeks before he turns 3, and at least it’ll be a little more cost effective for that trip. Then you can plan to hit Disney again when he’s older and has a better chance of prolonging those long term memories.

It’s not really about remembering so much as we can’t really get back before then but we don’t want to wait longer than that. I appreciate the info though and I didn’t even think about him being free. I will probably look into a little but 2021 is unlikely for us. Good point about before his 3rd birthday though becuase we were thinking of going for his birthday. Perhaps we’ll do it the week before he turns 3! Also re: characters, we aren’t super character people so that’s not a big deal if he isn’t into it. He does love Mickey Mouse right now so we may try Mickey and see how it goes.

Right, but school will start in the fall way before a vaccine is available. I think that was the PP's point.

Yes - that was 100% my point. i'm not trying to diminish anyone's concerns but what difference does it make if you go to a theme park or school - unless you can guarantee that everyone at school, or your grocery store, or anywhere, isn't going...well, anywhere, then why postpone anything pending a vaccine? I guess I'm saying - wouldnt it be all things postponed? Not just going to WDW or whatever?

I absolutely will send my kids back to school if their schools are open in September. I pray that they will be.

Same.

My hubby and I have a trip planned for late September at BWV. If the parks are open, we plan to go. That being said, we are both going to prepare by taking masks, wipes, and plenty of hand sanitizer. I think it's important to take precautions, don't travel when you're sick (wait...shouldn't we always do that?:ssst:), but don't go into catastrophe mode. If you are in a sensitive population, then that's a whole 'nother story. Stay home for now, but eventually our world will have enough precautions in place for us to sensibly move forward with care. :)

We have a trip planned in August and will go provided that all the parks are open and I can get decent fast passes. If there are no shows or fireworks, I'm ok with that. Also don't need any character meets because my kids are too old for that.

I agree that they won't remember at either 2 or 3. My son first went at 5 and he doesn't really remember it. But another consideration is that more 2 year-olds will be afraid of characters than 3 year-olds. Even face characters can be intimidating to the littlest ones. My son cried and cowered from Santa Claus until he was 3. So younger might not be better, even if it's free.

I think that every kid is different with regards to their fears. We started taking our kids when they were 1 and 2 years old. They have from the beginning, been afraid of the face characters but loved the plushies. They eventually grew out of it, of course. But some kids are the opposite and are afraid of Mickey, etc, but are fine with the princesses, some kids want nothing to do with any of them, and some have no fear of anything LOL. You just never know and character interaction is just one part or the trip. Definitely not a big enough deal to not go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter