What will you play next?

Am I crazy, or does "Sociotown" remind you of the word "Sociopath?"

hence not recommending for children under 13 :rotfl:

here is something else on elfisland, if you hadnt seen they updated their launch site also at www.elfisland.com

but heres a blog with a little more info, it sounds PERFECT! mentions a beta coming soon @_@ check it out, it sounds like a real family replacement

http://izzyneis.wordpress.com/2008/05/29/heads-up-elf-island/
http://izzyneis.wordpress.com/2008/05/29/heads-up-elf-island/#comment-17238

I'm going to be playing Real life, a game where the sky is the limit and sometimes even dreams come true. It has nice graphics and I hear my server's going to fire all of the moderaters for the summer. I'm going to be playing my favorite minigame with my friend Sarahthewise called Friendship, maybe I'll get the high score. I'm hoping to get to level 100 for the skills of living, loving, and relaxation. Maybe my math skills will even improve so when the new mods in the fall I can be officialy leveled into a new class since I'm currently at level 20 and my goal is to be at level 40.

:goodvibes Diz:goodvibes

hence not recommending for children under 13 :rotfl:

here is something else on elfisland, if you hadnt seen they updated their launch site also at www.elfisland.com

but heres a blog with a little more info, it sounds PERFECT! mentions a beta coming soon @_@ check it out, it sounds like a real family replacement

http://izzyneis.wordpress.com/2008/05/29/heads-up-elf-island/
http://izzyneis.wordpress.com/2008/05/29/heads-up-elf-island/#comment-17238

Elfisland does look awesome! Has there been sign up yet? I've been on a ton of different virtual game websites and don't remember if I saw there was sign up for this one yet? If there isn't a sign up do you know when there will be?

Elfisland does look awesome! Has there been sign up yet? I've been on a ton of different virtual game websites and don't remember if I saw there was sign up for this one yet? If there isn't a sign up do you know when there will be?

no not yet, but so I will be watching :)

OK, sociotown (disclaimer: not for kids under 13) IS TOTALLY RAD :rotfl:

I just had so much fun with you all. Thanks for the good times. Nice to see some names in a game that I recognized. Dancing with my bff was something I had missed :)

no not yet, but so I will be watching :)

OK, sociotown (disclaimer: not for kids under 13) IS TOTALLY RAD :rotfl:

I just had so much fun with you all. Thanks for the good times. Nice to see some names in a game that I recognized. Dancing with my bff was something I had missed :)

hey im playing VFK i can dance with my BFF fin! im also looking forward to elf island

hey im playing VFK i can dance with my BFF fin! im also looking forward to elf island

I didnt think you could dance in vfk?

anyways last night in socio was fun until I crashed ROFL definitely a little buggy, but fun stuffz

Nice to see so many of you there :)

I didnt think you could dance in vfk?

anyways last night in socio was fun until I crashed ROFL definitely a little buggy, but fun stuffz

Nice to see so many of you there :)

u will be able to I know this because WC_ get secrets LOL i am a welcoming committtee

whee i'm on sociotown and did the perm. resident thing woot! it's totally different and takes getting used to the controls and such. its slow first getting going but im looking forward to what else comes with it!

Elf island looks cute! have to remember to keep checking it for updates!

The art for elf island is gorgeous. I hope the techincal and moderation ends measure up! The last site I saw that was that pretty turned out to unfortunately be very light on the community management end (it's more or less descended into chaos now - I shall not speak its name, but I don't think I've seen it brought up on this thread.) But if they have their moderation act together as well as they do their artistic one, it'll be one to watch for sure.

I don't know if I'll play another game. Right now I'm enjoying an art site where most of my VMK friends are.

I and a few other vmk adults and older kids have been hanging out over here this place I am about to post. The game is still in beta and has a few bugs still in it, but the play, graphics and conversation are awesome. IMHO

We have been in contact with the owner/creator and he is a great dude. He created the game himself and while it is limited in the non-pay version at this time he is listenening to all suggestions. He wants to make the game the best it can be and even after just a few days of play has adapted a few of out suggestions to his game. He added an ignore button the next day after we asked for it. He is working on a lock button to keep people out of rooms, and a way to allow non-paying users a way to get some things. He is working hard on fixing the bugs so we can have something as mooth and flowing like we were used to and bring us on in style. I think for the target audience of 13+ that he is shooting for, it makes a great hangout.

The graphics are awesome and it is a true 3D environment. You can adjust camera angles and zoom level, look up and down. I find it very amusing to look at the moon at night there. Oh I didnt mention it gets dark outside just like the real world. You should wander over there and check it out (parents and bigger kids first please) and give it a go. The intro in the sign up process is cute, everyone starts out in jail. Chris has kind of a warped sence of humor and if you look around you will catch glimpses of it everywhere. From one of my favorite street name (Socio Path) to the name of the burger joint (Burger Despot) you can catch glimpses of his sence of humor everywhere.

He has a board over there that he is a member of and responds to suggestions and concerns directly. Got a question about the game ask it over there. Most of the peeps i have met have been really cool and enjoyed talking to them. I am sure you will find it the same way.

But I want to make a few things clear about the site though. The chat is completely open. This makes is inappropriate for smaller kids. There is a report button and when you use it Chris (the owner) takes care of things personally. It is not to be used lightly, he dont have time for BS and you will get banned I am sure if you play with it for no reason. He has stated that as the game grows he will be adding in game guides (Mods) that will be able to moderate the gameplay more and be able to react quicker to things which I find very cool.

LOL Some dis peeps last night were saying he should hire the MOM Squad from here. ROFL You can bet your sweet bippy that they would make peeps tow the line.

There are places for him to expand the world (different paths) and personally I cant wait to see what he has in store for us. There is so much potential for this place and with us Dis'ers in there it will do a lot for keeping it a safe and friendly environment. If the MOM squad get their hands on some mod controls there would be a new sheriff in town. ROFL But until then we have our common sense and the commen sense we have instilled in our kid about revealing personal info. So be smart and PLAY SAFE.

Ok so since it is not kid appropriate I wont post a direct link but since I have a subscription and one of the perks is a newsletter, in which btw, he mentions us, I will post that up here for open discussion.

He has also asked me to pass this on to you. Should you decide to Pay to Play there is a code you can enter that will allow you to get $4 dollars off your first month in game. It is VMKREFUGEE. Use this code in the right place on the subscription page and it will cut the cost in about half for a month. But do the guy a favor and keep any mention or discussion of it off the board over there. His current customers would use it and it wont help him at all if they know about it. So lets keep that one to ourselves please.

A good tip for you new peeps:

Choose your avatar's look and hair wisely as well as your clothes. At this point you can't edit them or change clothes with a non-pay mode. So make sure you look the way you want.

Also if your trying to log in the server maintenence is from 3-5 am west coast time so dont dispair if your trying to get in at that time.

A little bumpy :)

izzyneis.wordpress.com said:
Elf Island merits a place on this list - http://www.elfisland.com — It’s a revolutionary Virtual World for kid’s ages 8-12, that is due to launch late summer 2008.

Here’s a top line overview of the site and its mission.

- We’re coining a whole new genre of gaming: Gaming for Good ™, which empowers kids to play an active role in making a difference in the real world.

- Elf Island is the first and only virtual world that uses what we’re calling Mirrored Gaming™ — which is based on the exclusive premise of practicing good online and reflecting that same good offline.

- Elf Island leverages the power of fun through entertaining game play, social interaction and storytelling while encouraging kids to understand they have the power to influence change in the world.

Riddled with differentiators from any site currently in the market, Elf Island is an amazingly creative environment that opens up new opportunities for giving back and delivers a new level of fun and fulfillment. Elf Island’s founders are award-winning game industry veterans (and devoted parents) who have created youth-focused online promotions and experiences.

Too old for this game, someone said we will be able to fly in this game. I've had bad experience trying to fly..

Too old for this game, someone said we will be able to fly in this game. I've had bad experience trying to fly..

heh dont discount it fan, I remember some people who told me I was to old to like vmk

This site is something to watch ;)

I just hope it's not too pricey. I get the feeling it will be a pay game. Still, looking forward to it's launch this summer! I love the new animations they've added to the original site. I just wish there were more information there. I've requested more info, and sadly have had no response. It's been over a week. I hope that isn't a sign!

I just hope it's not too pricey. I get the feeling it will be a pay game. Still, looking forward to it's launch this summer! I love the new animations they've added to the original site. I just wish there were more information there. I've requested more info, and sadly have had no response. It's been over a week. I hope that isn't a sign!

I requested info too, I got mail confirming it was a virtual world, nothing much.. I too think it's pay to play..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter