What would be the coolest way to surprise a teenager with a set of keys to a car?

alexmarquez

Earning My Ears
I'm posting here because I need your ideas.

My daughter will be turning 17 while we are in DW the week between X-mas and NY. I want to surprise her with a set of keys to a car (not-new..and the car will be back in Illinois) but she's been wanting one since the day she got her license. We told her there was no way we could swing that this year (economy...wink, wink...) we are planning to surprise her! So, what I would like to get are some ideas of what would be THE COOLEST way to be surprised!
Ideas? I know you can do things in the room, but do you think something can be arranged with a cast member at the parks?:idea:

In the parks I would go to a store and ask a CM for help selecting things. Look at Disney Key Chains and have the CM suggest she get one to put these keys to the, color and make of the car, on.

What about convincing her to buy a keychain...because you know she'll eventually have a car and she should get it while you're at Disney because she'll never find it elsewhere. Then somehow get it away from her without her noticing and put the key on it and sneak it back into her things and let her find it that way.

Or maybe enlisting the help of a guest to approach her and be like "Hey you dropped these keys!" and she'll say "No those aren't mine" and they can say "Are you sure? I think they belong to a Color Make Model, don't you have one of those?" "No'' "Well you do now!!!"

Or depending what kind of car it is, see if you can find a model car of it, and tell her you got her a car, watch her freak out, present her with the model car...all laugh while she's angry you fooled her, but the real key is taped to the bottom

aghhh this is sooooooooooo exciting!!!! Hmmm I need to think for a few. Of Ideas.

I'm posting here because I need your ideas.

My daughter will be turning 17 while we are in DW the week between X-mas and NY. I want to surprise her with a set of keys to a car (not-new..and the car will be back in Illinois) but she's been wanting one since the day she got her license. We told her there was no way we could swing that this year (economy...wink, wink...) we are planning to surprise her! So, what I would like to get are some ideas of what would be THE COOLEST way to be surprised!
Ideas? I know you can do things in the room, but do you think something can be arranged with a cast member at the parks?:idea:

Being that she has wanted a car since she got her license AND being a 17 year old! I am quite sure she will want to see the car right away! So maybe come up with a "cool" way to surprise her at home instead of while you are away at DW. I like all these ideas but it would drive me crazy not to be able to jump right in and look around at my new car! Just my opinion.

Being that she has wanted a car since she got her license AND being a 17 year old! I am quite sure she will want to see the car right away! So maybe come up with a "cool" way to surprise her at home instead of while you are away at DW. I like all these ideas but it would drive me crazy not to be able to jump right in and look around at my new car! Just my opinion.
She is a teenager. After everything she has done to you she deserves to be driven crazy!

Thank you for the ideas! I love them.
I did wonder if she would be preoccupied with the car the whole trip. So I am considering giving her the surprise our last day there. She has so many wonderful memories at Disney, I just figured it would be "extra" magical to surprise her with the news there!

I was going to say the same thing about doing it on the last day. I'd be distracted as heck if I knew I had a car waiting for me at home.

Or maybe enlisting the help of a guest to approach her and be like "Hey you dropped these keys!" and she'll say "No those aren't mine" and they can say "Are you sure? I think they belong to a Color Make Model, don't you have one of those?" "No'' "Well you do now!!!"

I think this is a great idea! The CM's are so helpful, I know it'd be easy to find one who'd be willing to do this. I also agree with the PP who say wait until the end of the trip. I think surprising her the last night will ease the sting of vacation being over for her-- plus, watching her excitement and gratitude will ease the sting for you, too!

I would have it parked at the airport and say something like "hey why don't you drive us home" and go up to it in the parking lot.

Is there anybody at home who could pick you up in the car when you get back? When you get home hand the keys to her and say thanks for the loan of the car

You could wait till your last day and or night and say Oops I forgot to give you this for Christmas, maybe a stocking with the keys inside. Don't forget to pick up a princess license plate cover or a antenna ornament to tuck inside with the keys at the bottom. or Perhaps at a character meal. Maybe you could ask a cast member to see if it would be possible for one of the handlers to give the stocking to her fav character to give to her.

No matter what be prepared for screaming, squealing and jumping around. It will be great.

Since you are in Disney - why don't you do it at HS - take her to get her picture at the Cars meet n greet -when it is her turn for the picture ask give her the keys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter