what would happen if i did pack food in my checked luggage

bratray

<font color=red>Disney Planning Addict<br><font co
well, too late now to ship our snacks - i am debating about putting my food in my checked bags- could something bad happen because of this- it is only peanuts, chips, crackers and juice boxes

yes i know i can buy all this stuff in FL but i already have bought it here at home (on sale i might add)

is it just suggested not to pack food in your luggage or is it prohibited??

help:confused: :confused:

From what I understand bring food in your luggage is not PROHIBITED, they are just suggesting that you don't. What I have been hearing on the news is that the food may trigger the machines to thinking there is a potential bomb in your luggage and this will prompt a further search. As long as you leave your luggage unlocked and don't mind that they will probably be searching the luggage containing the food products you will probably be ok. I cannot be sure if this is exactly what will happen, but this is how I understand it.

I just dropped the wife and kids at the airport for a quick Disney trip (without me :(). While waiting in line to check in and check baggage I just happened to ask one of the TSA guys about this very subject. I told him what I had read/heard about not putting food in bags and told him that one of my wife's bags had food in it (yogurt, pudding, juice boxes). He said it would be no problem. Talked to the wife and everything made it down with her, including the food.

thank you for the replies

i am going to take my pull cooler (vinyl with wheels) and put my snacks in it and not worry about it- they can look inside if they want - i just hope they don't eat anything:rolleyes:

lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter