What would make the DIS the best Disneyland Site? looking for your suggestions

Sounds like some great ideas here. I can't wait to see what you have in store, Tink!

I totally understand what everyone is saying, and I was guilty of it myself. I distinctly remember telling my DS we would probably never go to DL, when he asked. I had the WDW tunnel vision.
As fate would have it, the Magic shipped out to the West Coast, over the summer I wanted to take a 7 day cruise, so I reluctantly made the trek out west, and of course had to stop at DL beforehand. Well, lets just say that was this past August, and I am now taking my 3rd trip to DL this February. :goodvibes Obviously I was very impressed with DL. While it is smaller than WDW overall, it definitely has it's own magic. :wizard:

I actually like it just the way it is!!!

I only wish we had more people posting on it. I check a few times a day, and sometimes there are no new posts for hours!!! :teeth:

I find the Dis the best source for info. :disrocks:

I agree wholeheartedly about breaking up the boards.

HOWEVER, I think the ultimate responsibility for livening things up over here rests with those of us DIS regulars who are also DL regulars! There are lots of threads on TP&A about "favorite ride", "best seats for parades", etc. If we started---and kept alive---more threads like that, maybe the DL community would flourish.

I admit I'm not one for starting a lot of threads (I sometimes feel like a thread killer, so somebody please post on here after me! :earboy2: ), but maybe we could all step it up over here a little more, and the buzz would keep going.

I think I'll go take my own advice, and see if any of you answer my post!

I just want to say that I feel different than I did 18 months ago. I no longer rely on the other board for my DL fix. I come here. The DL board has much more traffic and people than it did long ago. I post frequently and read almost daily. But any change for the positive is welcomed! :flower:

P.S. Chin up Patti, we appreciate you! :)

lulubelle said:
P.S. Chin up Patti, we appreciate you! :)

:cool1: :cool1: I didn't kill this thread!!!! Finally, the curse has been lifted!!! :wizard: :wizard:

Thanks lulubelle!

Quick note to the DIS "powers-that-be": I admit to being annoyed that Universal Studios/Sea World Orlando gets higher placement on the main page than DL. I'm OK that they get their own section, but to place it higher than DL. . . hmmm. I struggle with that. :confused3

I can also admit I turn to these boards only when actively planning a trip. I found them for my last-minute day trip in May and remembered them for our upcoming Dec trip. After that, my participation will wane until we start to plan the next trip. I think traffic is dramatically affected by the difference in attendance and local vs. long-distance trippers between WDW and DL. Who, earlier in this thread, said to look at how Disney itself markets the parks? I couldn't agree more! People forget DL as it gets overwhelmed by the shadow of WDW. Kind of the kid sister who becomes the big star. . .

I totally agree with previous posters that some more forums would help "beef up" the site. I'd love to see some DL-based forums of the gazillion ones in the WDW section (Disney tips, anyone??). That said, the DL information page here (http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/) beats the heck out of sites like LaughingPlace! LP's data is SOOOOOOOOOOOO out of date! At least the info I found was (45th Anniversary parade info?!). I left LP without even checking their discussion boards after that!

If the workload seems large to "beef up" the site with more info, consider farming out some work. Call for submissions! The DIS mods get final say, but that might lighten the workload. I'm no professional writer, but I can put together a review, format a FAQ or collate! My skills are endless! :rotfl2: All kidding aside, there are a LOT of great people on this site with great skills--put'em to work!

Just my two cents. . .

D-n-C

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter