What Would/Should Happen to American Idol Experience?

My opinion is that they should have never opened it in the first place:)\

As to what to do with the remains--maybe a second Toy Story Mania to take the pressure off the one that is already there??

The topic of this thread is a hypothetical that really offers no practical planning advice for the current attraction. So I've moved it to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

The topic of this thread is a hypothetical that really offers no practical planning advice for the current attraction. So I've moved it to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

May I respectfully say that I think too many threads are being moved these days? The increased number of "buckets" (as compared with a few years ago), and narrower interpretation of the proper buckets, makes it less practical for me than it used to be to use this site to "be up on everything". Too many areas to visit... :(

Not true! They added it in a few weeks ago... When the host talks about the dream ticket at the beginning of the show, they have a video package showing Aaron on the stage and talk about him winning the dream ticket. Plus, on the finale, he has a special video package of encouragement for one of the contestants! :)

But honestly, none of us here at AIE know anything, we all question it as well!

I think that she meant that it was never mentioned on the tv show, which I thought was surprizing too. I kept waiting for them to do a clip about AIE.

They did do a promo about Aaron and AIE at the live concert this year though.

I was in a show last year and it was super fun, if not crazy to do! I hope they keep it because it features everyday people having fun and great memories for the family :)

We agree! We saw it for the first time earlier this month and loved it!

DS and DH tried out this year, and DH made it to the 11 am show on 8/2! It was hilarious, because he's 53 (but looks much younger) and up there with 2 15 year old girls! He sang "Old Time Rock and Roll". Even though he did not make it to the final show, it was a major highlight of our trip!

Just wanted to say I hope they keep AIE--we love it so much we are devoting a whole day to seeing all the shows!

We love it too, and are seriously considering doing that the next time we are there!

I love love love the idea of AIE, but I HATED the judges when I saw it. They really really bothered me. I know they're taking characteristics of Randy, Simon, and Paula? Kara?, but the over-personification really annoyed me. I could take or leave the show.

The judges were hilarious, and I liked them. I thought the "Randy" judge was spot-on, but the others, not so much.

PaDisneycouple:

Perhaps not "brilliant" but certainly self-serving:). We almost never get to DHS at opening and by the time we get to Toy Story, the Fast Passess are either gone or have us coming back HOURS later. And the wait times in the regular line are already well beyond an hour...

Just wanted to say I hope they keep AIE--we love it so much we are devoting a whole day to seeing all the shows!

wow, that's cool! I really cannot comment on it since we haven't done it yet. I just can't find the time to fit it in when we are there and it just hasn't taken priority. Our kids ar 11,7,5 and I just can't see them really enjoying it more than a spin on an attraction or one of the other show. I know we should at least try it!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter