What Would/Should Happen to American Idol Experience?

princesscharming

Mouseketeer
I hear from time to time that American Idol is going downhill and the next year might be the last year etc. I'm guessing WDW would have to do something with the AIE attraction if the contestants can't compete for a spot to audition.

If/When AI goes off the air what do you think DHS should do with the attraction? Or if you've heard rumors, feel free to mention them.

I doubt they will do much for a year or so, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire -Play it lasted long after the show lost its super popularity. I have enjoyed the AIE and glad to see it was something new added to the parks but I also questioned its longevity so far into the AI craze, looks like it may have been better received years before. Also they don't promo it quiet enough, lie Aaron Kelley from last year (top 10 or maybe even 5) got his golden ticket and the never mentioned it at all on the show, very disappointing.

I would like to see it closed permanantly. DHS needs less stage shows and more rides. I realize they are trying to keep up eith Universal with all of the stage shows, but the park is so boring. :(

Please everyone, please keep attending AIE, that will keep you out of my Q!!!

I was in a show last year and it was super fun, if not crazy to do! I hope they keep it because it features everyday people having fun and great memories for the family :)

I have no real opinion either way regarding American Idol and/or its DHS incarnation - but if they do decide to close it, I vote for moving the perpetual High School Musical sidewalk show in there. (Which version are we on now? 3? 4? 12?)

I can't stand that thing! :headache:

I doubt they will do much for a year or so, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire -Play it lasted long after the show lost its super popularity. I have enjoyed the AIE and glad to see it was something new added to the parks but I also questioned its longevity so far into the AI craze, looks like it may have been better received years before. Also they don't promo it quiet enough, lie Aaron Kelley from last year (top 10 or maybe even 5) got his golden ticket and the never mentioned it at all on the show, very disappointing.

wow, I can't believe they didn't mention that!!!

I had never watched American Idol before. We had time on our trip last August to do AIE, and I thought it was cool so this year I watched American Idol for the first time... I really wanted to know if anyone that auditioned at Disney World made it through... or I at least wanted to see any WDW golden ticket winners on the audition portion of the show and nothing. Aaron Kelly went really far, I still can't believe they didn't say anything about that.

I would bet that since American Idol is on the Fox network and Disney owns ABC,that might be the reason that AI didn't mention that Aaron Kelley was an AIE winner.

^ That's what I figured too. My mom and I were just kicking ourselves when we realized we could have mentioned the AIE to Aaron when we met him this summer! Well, I guess I was a little too starstruck to remember. :rotfl:

I think they'll keep it around for a little while longer. Even just the thrill of performing onstage will keep the guests coming. I can see it closing down when they stop getting very many auditioners.

Please everyone, please keep attending AIE, that will keep you out of my Q!!!

I have no real opinion either way regarding American Idol and/or its DHS incarnation - but if they do decide to close it, I vote for moving the perpetual High School Musical sidewalk show in there. (Which version are we on now? 3? 4? 12?)

Amen to both of these suggestions!!:thumbsup2

In regards to the HSM show courtesy of allears.net

"A new, live, rock-concert style show will debut at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland this fall. The new show, as-yet unnamed, will feature music from a number of hit Disney Channel TV shows, including "Camp Rock," "StarStruck," and "High School Musical." The show's format will be similar to that of the current HSM3 show currently running in the parks. It's set to begin on October 22, which means that High School Musical 3: Senior Year -- Right Here, Right Now! will end its run on October 2 at Walt Disney World, and on October 17 at Disney California Adventure."

So you may get your wish of HSM ending but a similar show will be in its place.

Not true! They added it in a few weeks ago... When the host talks about the dream ticket at the beginning of the show, they have a video package showing Aaron on the stage and talk about him winning the dream ticket. Plus, on the finale, he has a special video package of encouragement for one of the contestants! :)

But honestly, none of us here at AIE know anything, we all question it as well!

Personally, since the park is called Disney Hollywood STUDIOS, i would like to see a show recorded before a live studio audience. They could do a game show, children's show and a preteen show. This would provide something for a broad age range and bring back something that is sorely missing from many shows, a live audience.

I would love to see them bring back "The Mickey Mouse Club". I was one who grew up watching Justin, Britney, Christina, and many more on that show. It was the highlight of my day. They should bring back a new version and film it at DHS.

Just wanted to say I hope they keep AIE--we love it so much we are devoting a whole day to seeing all the shows!

I love love love the idea of AIE, but I HATED the judges when I saw it. They really really bothered me. I know they're taking characteristics of Randy, Simon, and Paula? Kara?, but the over-personification really annoyed me. I could take or leave the show.

I have zero interest and would rather see another ride. But every time I'm there, I see tons of people gathered around the video display outside watching the day's finals.

I may not like it, but it clearly has some appeal to a lot of people.

I was in a show last year and it was super fun, if not crazy to do! I hope they keep it because it features everyday people having fun and great memories for the family

I agree!! I have been in the show twice and in the audience a few times, too. I think it's such a great opportunity for "normal" people to have a little fun and feel a little famous while in the Happiest Place on Earth!

I would vote to close it and remake the area into an dark ride of some type. I am sure they can come up with something. Maybe something like Tron if it is a big hit or you could do something marvel with it.

If Steven Tyler ends up as a judge, they should extend the R'n'Rollercoaster tracks to run through the studio.

Bill From PA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter