What would you change about your home if you found yourself living there alone?

clean out DH's office and use it for storage and stop paying for the storage unit

I'd probably sell. This place feels huge for 3 people, now that all of our older kids and bonuses have moved out. It would be ridiculous for just me.

More fish tanks!....although that was a bad idea the last time....20 tanks around the living room, while pretty, were a pain to do weekly water changes.....I might have to rethink that.

If I suddenly found myself living alone I don't think I'd change anything immediately. There is a LOT of yard work though, so I'd probably explore selling in a year or so after I adjusted to life alone.

My location.

I don’t think I would be happy living in this big farmhouse out in the country if DH passed before me. Too big to take care of, too much that I have no idea HOW to take care of too. I would stay here a year though, in order to not make a rash decision, but then I think I would prefer an apartment in town, or a senior apartment, maybe even an assisted living place.

Nothing. I might not clean the house as often as my wife insists, but no other changes.

If my DH were to pass, I'd sell. Right now this house is too much space for us, I'd probably sell, get a nice condo somewhere.

Another one who would sell. Our house is way too big for us, needs a lot of repairs and I hate the house and the location.

I love our 100 year old home, but I would sell and get into a condo or apartment with some private outdoor space. Our home would be too much upkeep, inside and out, for just myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter