What would you do at WDW for 1 night stay, no kids?

kalamazoo

Mouseketeer
We will have from the late afternoon until early afternoon the next day to spend without kids at WDW. Have some ideas on what we want to see but looking for more ideas on how to take full advantage of this opportunity. We'd like to park hop but wondering, given the short time-frame each day, if it's worthwhile. What would you do?

I would start out in MK do all my favs and then hop the monorail for a nice dinner at one of the resorts (not V&A nice, but somewhere like Narcoosee or The California Grill). Then I would had over to Epcot to catch Illuminations and leisurely stroll through the countries. Catch some British Invasion with an ale behind UK and other countries acts. Next AM I would head to MGM or maybe the early entry park of the day first. After doing the EE park I would hit MGM and ride TNT and RNR till I got sick of it, then do any other attractions that usually don't appeal to the kids. Eat a nice Brown Derby lunch and head home. Have fun!

My thoughts are to spend the first late afternoon starting at MGM, then take the boat to Epcot for the parade and Illuminations. If you're still up for more fun, head to the Boardwalk and Jellyrolls before calling it a night. The next day start at opening at MK, hit the rides you want to do before it gets crowded, then hop the monorail and hit Epcot to finish off the morning and afternoon. While at MGM you could do the adult rides that sometimes you don't get to with kids.

Hope this helps - good luck and enjoy!!! :bounce:

I wouldnt' know what to do!!!!!
Do all the stuff at MK that youcan't do with children, take a boat ride to a quiet dinner at one of those resorts, then sit on the beach with a couple drinks to watch the light parade and fireworks! This was even great when we had the boys with us! Lucky you!!

My husband and I spent two nights away from our kids (only time in 12 years!) at WDW, and we had an absolutely great time at Jellyrolls (on the Boardwalk.) It's a dueling piano bar; the pianist were absolutely great, and we had a great time. We're trying to figure out how to get a babysitter for our next family trip so that we can go there for an evening again. We haven't yet had a chance to try the Adventurers Club, but we've also heard great things about that and would like to try that too.

Thanks for the input everyone. Epcot is going to be a definite must-do. Also, I would love to ride a few of the MK rides that we don't usually get to ride when we have the kids with us.

It has been so hard to decide but I think we'll start at MGM since this is one park that we really don't spend much time at with the kids. It's not my favorite park but there are a few things I'd like to see and then we can make our way to Epcot. Depending on how much we get to see at Epcot the night before, we can either return to Epcot the next day and, if there's time, zip over to MK or just go straight to MK.

We're going to have to play it by ear somewhat because, while we want to do as much as we can, we also don't want to feel too rushed. Got to save some time for eating too (which is a luxury in itself when the kids are not there). I think we will make our way over to the Boardwalk after the parks close, maybe stopping in at Jellyrolls for a bit if we're not too wiped out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter