What would you do with a half-day in the parks?

MiketheGrate

Mouseketeer
I'm going to be in Orlando on a short business trip where I have my Saturday afternoon/evening free after about 3:00pm. I'm debating whether to get a single-day ticket for EPCOT only (closes at 9pm) or a Park Hopper to be able to jump out of EPCOT at closing time to head over to MK (closes at 11pm). Has anyone done two parks in one afternoon/evening before that had a good experience? If I just end up in EPCOT, it's not a huge issue. I want to ride a few rides and probably hit festival booths at EPCOT. MK would solely be to try to get on TRON another time in my life.

PH is a higher cost than I would be willing to pay just to ride TRON. With such a small window of time, I would probably stick with one park. I think you have to be in the park to make a play for a VQ at 1pm anyway, or were you also going to buy an ILL?. . Anyway, that's just my 2 cents and I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you decide to do.

PH is a higher cost than I would be willing to pay just to ride TRON. With such a small window of time, I would probably stick with one park. I think you have to be in the park to make a play for a VQ at 1pm anyway, or were you also going to buy an ILL?. . Anyway, that's just my 2 cents and I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you decide to do.
I was planning on doing an ILL, since I know I'd miss the VQ window. I think I'll probably just end up doing a more relaxing walk through EPCOT, rather than trying to hop. I'll be back there 2 weeks later on a real Disney trip, so I guess I don't need to do everything!

It's easy enough to monorail over to the Magic Kingdom if you really want to do Tron. But it would be an expensive day between paying extra for the hopper and the ILL. Plus, would you really be in the park at 3pm, or would it be more like 4 by the time you finish your plans and get there. I'd probably just do Epcot.

We've PH before arriving at the parks a little earlier than you would be, maybe around noon or so and felt like we got a good amount done but it was the opposite for us. We started at Ep, hopped to MK and back to Ep since it closed at 11p. I would have not bought the PH if we could have just gone to MK only but this was back during park reservations and no hopping until after 2p so we did what we thought was necessary lol. But in all seriousness, I wouldn't PH just to ride tron if you'll be back in two weeks anyway. I love Tron but not for that much $$. I'm always down for a day at disney no matter how few hours it may be so I'm probably not the best on practical advice on this subject.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter