What would you do?

What should we do?

• 7 nights at AKL

• 10 nights: 5 at PO-R and 5 at AKL

• Other suggestions

Results are only viewable after voting.

skuttle

DIS Veteran
DH and I haven't even been back from WDW for two weeks and we're already planning our next trip! :p We're hoping to be at WDW at the end of May to celebrate my graduation! We just need a little help deciding what to do. Here's a little background on us:
We're in our mid-twenties.
We've stayed at the Dolphin and the GF.
The longest we've ever stayed at WDW is 7 nights.
We drive to WDW.
We will probably renew our APs.
No kids.

THANKS!

If you can manage to get the time off, I'd take the longer vacation. You'll enjoy PO, and you'll really appreciate being able to take everything a bit slower.

FWIW, I would choose POFQ over R, but either is nice. FQ is just a bit smaller, and I love being first on and off the buses. You always get a seat, and it's easier to sit through all the extra stops on your way there than on your way back. I also like the "look and feel" of FQ better, and I'm from New Orleans. Being so close, you'll probably appreciate the similarities as well.

I'd vote for 7 nights at the WL:D DH and I stayed there in 1996 on our first trip to WDW together, and it was wonderful! I loved pool and our room and the overall "feel" of the resort. I would stay there again in a heartbeat on our next trip if I could convince DH. Also, the YC has a fantastic location and would be a great place to spend a week.

I think you should do the 10 night split stay! Since you are graduating (law school!), you will probably be starting a new job shortly thereafter. Do you think your new job will allow you to take an extended period of vacation time off? My guess is that after finishing the hard work of law school, you will be starting a challenging new career as a lawyer. Got out, celebrate and enjoy! Celebrate your success, and enjoy the time you have to relax, because you will probably have a lot of work ahead of you!

Congrats!!!!

:earsgirl: Krissy

Thanks everyone. :) We are leaning towards the longer trip. Getting time off won't be a problem at all...we're actually squeezing this trip in between the end of my finals and graduation. Right after graduation I have to start studying for the bar...yuck! DH is still in school, so time off for him isn't a problem either.

I never thought about PO-FQ. Guess we have more research to do. :)

Another vote for 7 nights at AKL...this is of course if I was having to choose...there just really is no other place for us to stay now...I loved staying at AKL and can't wait to go back!!

Have a wonderful time no matter what you decide!! :)

Hi!
I would say either 10 at Wl (since you have never stayed and you can get it as cheap at AKL)
Or if you want to split between AKL and PO I say Riverside Rather then French Quarter (Imho:))
Or how about Yacht or Beach?? Lots to do in the area you guys could walk over to Jellrolls and the pol is just great!!

I love the GF but did not love the WL. I loved the PO-R for the Victorian theme (and price). My dd loved the Swan but I didn't appreciate the high rise feel of it. HE loved the FW cabins we stayed in because of the extra space. We are going to give the CBR a shot in a couple of weeks and finish our annual pass year with two nights at GF.

I would choose a moderate for more nights based on the theme you love. We spent half an afternoon at the AKL and I felt comfortable with that amount of time providing me with the feeling like I had 'been' there.

My vote is: 8 nights at a moderate, 2 nights at a Deluxe and one dinner evening at AKL complete with storytelling, animal viewing and shopping.

I keep seeing all of these personality tests around - is there one for how to pick a Disney resort? I spend an enormous amount of time suggesting resorts to people who don't spend every vacation day in Disney like I do.

Let us know what you choose!

I would go for the 10 nights! AKL is wonderful! You will love it! If it were me, I would go for Port Orleans-French quarters over Riverside, but that is just an opinion. I would stay at AKL the last 5 nights, when you are winding down a little bit. That is what we did. It made the pool and animals even more enjoyable. I say definitely go for the longer trip!!!

I would go for the 10 nights! AKL is wonderful! You will love it! If it were me, I would go for Port Orleans-French quarters over Riverside, but that is just an opinion. I would stay at AKL the last 5 nights, when you are winding down a little bit. That is what we did. It made the pool and animals even more enjoyable. I say definitely go for the longer trip!!! Oh, just a tip, we used the luggage transfere on our trip, and it was wonderful!

Hey skuttle.

My best friend, also my roomate is graduating from University at Buffalo's law school this May too. She and I were thinking of one big hurrah at Disney World before she has to start studying for that damn bar!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter