What would your dream Disney resort be?

richard3330

Cirque Fan
Hi :wave: ,

If you could design a new resort hotel for WDW what theme would you choose and why? Where would it be located and would it have access to the monorail?

I'm just interested to see some ideas of what kind of themed resorts that DIS'ers want to see Disney build! It doesn't have to be scientifically correct - just a bit of fun!

Richard.

I would like a combination of All Star Movies and Coronado Springs resort, somehow??? They are my 2 favorite places. I like the theming of All Stars because it feels really Disney to me but Coronado feels like a nice, quiet retreat. You know?

I like the bus service at both, but having a monorail would be convenient also. No, no monorail. I like the busses. I would keep it only 2 floors, maybe some kind of observation room, really family room like to view some of the fireworks shows at night.

It would also have to have a spa of some sort to cater to 9 to 14 year olds or so.

And be reasonably affordable for a two week stay! and be included in the discount codes, which both resorts usually aren't!

I'm sure I could come up with more but I have to go to work now. Bye

Two words...Haunted Mansion. A resort themed on this would be awesome. I don't care where on property or if it has monorail access, I just want it.

I'd like to see a value or moderate resort in the Fort Wilderness, WL area. It would be Adirondak themed and would be close enough to Ft Wilderness to use it's recreation.

Two words...Haunted Mansion. A resort themed on this would be awesome. I don't care where on property or if it has monorail access, I just want it.
I'm with you on this one, that would be wicked cool. Only I think monorail access could enhance the experience, by funneling the monorail through an attraction-like area on its way to the station. (Disney can have my resort ideas free of charge, provided they implement them):teeth:.

Alternately, a Mission:Space themed hotel would be good. It could have moonscape or marsscape rooms, a crater pool, shuttle themed elevators... (Zero-g beds optional.. but what a challenge for the imagineers that would be). Just don't forget the hot-tubs in the new resorts.

Ciao,
Mort.

I would like to see a deluxe resort themed to Blizzard Beach and have Blizzard Beach as part of it's swimming pool complex. I think it would be really nice - it would be like a mountain top snowy retreat. I suppose it would be a little bit like Wilderness Lodge, but I think the snowy theme would be great. :)

Ooohhh, I LOVE this type of question!!!

:Pinkbounc

A castle resort!! Like staying in Cinderella's castle. Of course it would be attached to the MK.

I think a castle or renaissance style resort would be very nice. I think it should be a moderate.

The main castle could be the lobby, and the rooms would be in French Chateau style buidings, with cobblestone paths, and the princesses could do storytelling for the kids of their respective fairy tales.

Gee, that is a hard one... I think they have done a great job on what they have (well, excepting Pop Century, and I will really have to without final opinion until that opens).

Lets see... they have covered the South Seas, the late 19th Century seaboard (Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk and GF), Africa, the American Northwest, Mexico, the Caribbean, the old South, New Orleans, a futuristic theme, Disney Music, Movies and Sports, and now all of the 20th Century... I don't know what else they could think of. The Renaissance style castle theming would be nice... or a French Chalet... or the Swiss Alps.

At this point, I believe that Disney is concentrating on its Vacation Club accomodations.. so we will unlikely be seeing any more resorts any any of the other catagories, but it is nice to dream!

The hotel from Tower of Terror, although HM is a good idea too.

I love the haunted mansion idea! Great idea.... you could incorporate the HM w/ the TOT.

When I went to WDW in 1975, we stayed at the contemporary. One of the pictures on the wall was of a "Persian" hotel. Underneath it there was a written blurb saying that the this was one of the next themed hotels they were planning to build. Then, in the late 70's, we started having all of that trouble with Iran, etc., so they must've scrapped those plans. It looked pretty cool, though, kind of on the order of the Taj Majal (the one in India, not the one in Atlantic City! LOL!!). I still think it would be kind of neat.

WHAT A GREAT TOPIC!!

First I would like to see a resort that you can take your animals and stay in the room with you, like HR at Universal. I think that would be so great.

Then maybe an "adults" only resort...kinda like they do on the Castaway Cay on the cruise...you get that adults only section. Adults only resort would be great for the parents who travel w/out kids on their "getaway" trip...and for the adults who have no kids (like myself) who want some quiet time.

As for a theme-like resort, I think a castle resort would be AWESOME! Like Saturday97 said...that would be beautiful. Like a Deluxe with Moderate prices! (dreaming now)!!

The castle theme would be awesome....the main castle being the lobby and such, and each Princesses' houses would be theme for a section, so Belle's house could be a value restort, Aurora's forest house could be like a moderate, and Cinderella's house could be the deluxe....an all in one resort! It would be great!

I like the idea of a castle with French Chateau buildings. With the French theme, if the staff is rude to the customers, Disney can claim it's all part of the theming.

More seriously, I don't understand Disney building ANY deluxe resort without monorail access or walking access to one of the parks. I haven't been to the AKL (headed there in Feb. with my boy), but from what I've read it's very well-themed and on a par with the Poly. Yet Disney is having to sell some of the rooms at almost-moderate prices because people just don't want to stay at a resort without monorail or walking access to the parks.

If any Disney employees are reading this, please report to your boss the amazing discovery that Disney guests really don't like to ride buses!

How about a totally aqatic themed hotel based on "The Little Mermaid" Maybe something similar to "The Dig" at Paradise Island's "Atlantis Resort", but with Ariel, Prince Eric & Friends. Everything would be underneath "the sea" from guest rooms to restaurants. This should be a deluxe hotel with underwater people movers and hydrolaters rather than the conventional means of transportation. The hotels main bar should be whimsical, a cross between Rainforest Cafe, Adventures Club and "the Little Mermaid".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter