What You Learned From Your Last Disney Trip...

where can you find back pacs with built in coolers? I have never heard of them.

We bought one years ago at a Bass outlet. It was on a big pile of clearance bags and was the only one they had. We just thought it was a cool bag and then we took it to Disney in 2000. It was awesome because we were able to pack sandwiches and drinks (the cooler part is a good size - we could fit at least 2-3 sandwiches, 2 water bottles, and 2 cans of soda plus one of those small blue ice blocks) and have lunch in the parks without having to buy anything (we were on a very tight budget). The bottom is the cooler part and the top is just a mesh bag so it it won't protect your stuff if there is rain but its fabulous for the beach because the sand just falls out. It is starting to wear some but we were able to use it again this past summer at the Jersey shore. We hadn't taken it on our last 2 Disney trips because we had a sling type diaper bag for our DS and it had a very small insulated compartment at the bottom (we could fit 2 water bottles there) however it didn't keep the drinks nearly as cool as the Bass bag. We got the diaper bag at Target in 2006.

Just got back this past weekend (8/11/07)

1) DO not count on any bus service at any of the resorts to be on time....
had trouble at several of the resorts (Contemporary, BWV, Dowtown Disney), had better service at moderates......hotel manager at BWV told us they are having trouble with bus service...it was nasty this time.

2) Magical Express is AWESOME...always used a driver to go from airport to resort....had an excellent experience with them

3) IF you want to relax and get from resort to resort for a dinner reservation...use a taxi....there were six of us (with kids) - cost us $12 one way from Beach Club to Polynesian. A very nice experience.

4) IF you are like me and don't stay up late for evening magical hours, go to that park the next morning - found the park VERY empty (for example, EPCOT had late night magical hours one night, we were in EPCOT the following morning around 10:00 and it was empty!)

5) IF it rains, go anyway. It POURED in Animal Kingdom one day, we stayed, and saw everything we wanted to see, yes, we were damp, but had an umbrella, and ponchos, and had our best day in a park.

6) What I learned on this board - ask for ice water...I didn't need to buy ONE bottle of water in the park (only had nasty tap water at the KONA Cafe)

7) KONA Cafe at the Polynesian has food comparable to LeCellier, we now have two favorites. I have an allergy to nuts (not peanuts) and casually mentioned this to waiter when he served us the macadamia butter, and before I knew it, the chef was at our table.

8) Sorry for 'going on' - take time to relax, if you can. The heat was horrible in August, little children were so hot and tired (fortunately ours our older) and needed naps in the cool airconditioned rooms.

9) Never ignore a fast pass. Never realized you can get another fast pass five minutes after your other fast pass begins.

Lucy

I'm mobility impaired. I learned I can't stay alone at a value resort anymore. I need bell services, and the amenities of a deluxe or dvc resort when I travel alone. It's difficult to get an ecv into the room by yourself. It's practically impossible to get grocerys and packages into the room from the car.

I asked a fellow guest if I could use his luggage cart for 5 minutes to save me walking down to the luggage stand to get one and he refused and walked off with it. I even offered to return it for him - it still would have saved me a trip. I wound up crying in the parking lot. never again.

Wow, LindaBabe...that makes me very sad for you! I'm sorry that happened to you....how lonely that must have made you feel. Don't lose your faith in people.:rose:

I learned that 2 Moderate rooms for a family of 5 is not the best and that you can rent DVC points from members or better yet invest the money in DVC so you have to take a vacation at least every 2-3 years.

I also learned that by spending some time on the internet taking surveys (which are actually very interesting), getting money back for shopping online, reading e-mails, etc. at the Reward sites you can earn money before you go to pay for the souveniers, food, and resort expenses. Since our June 2006 visit to WDW I have earned about $1000 on these sites which I have cashed out for Disney Dollars and Gift cards. I am planning to use them in 2009 for our next WDW vacation. I used $150 of the money I used at HHI this past year paying for souveniers, drinks, food at the resort. The only cost out of pocket was dining away from the resort, groceries, and gas. Very cool.

I also learned that by spending some time on the internet taking surveys (which are actually very interesting), getting money back for shopping online, reading e-mails, etc. at the Reward sites you can earn money before you go to pay for the souveniers, food, and resort expenses. Since our June 2006 visit to WDW I have earned about $1000 on these sites which I have cashed out for Disney Dollars and Gift cards. I am planning to use them in 2009 for our next WDW vacation. I used $150 of the money I used at HHI this past year paying for souveniers, drinks, food at the resort. The only cost out of pocket was dining away from the resort, groceries, and gas. Very cool.

Missymouse (cute title by the way:) ) if you don't mind me asking, where did you find these surveys? I would love to fill some of these out.

THANKS

I would love to know that as well missymouse. The more spending money I can take to WDW the better:thumbsup2 .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter