What's a good age for LegoLand?

JaimeK

Mouseketeer
I have family in San Diego so we visit about twice a year. My brother keeps insisting I take my 3 year old to Legoland but I assumed it was for older kids? I mean, he doesn't even play with legos yet! What's the ideal age for this park?

It depends. The first time we did LL our DS wasn't quite two. However, at 34" he was able to ride many rides. They are very tame. He had so much fun!

We just went again and our kids are now 5 and 3 years old. My 3 year old did a lot. She had a great time. There were only a few rides that she wasn't able to do. My 5 year old was able to do pretty much everything. Lego Land is a perfect place for little kids, regardless of whether you are into legos or not.

Legoland is not all about legos. Inspired by, and made out of, but you don't have to be a lego fanatic to enjoy it. I was just there this afternoon (with a 6yo). About the only 'land' he wouldn't do is techno-land (that's what I call it, not what LL calls it!) where the Bionicle-inspired stuff is.

I think that a 3yo could have a lot of fun. But LL is pricey for a day's admission. And SeaLife is a separate admission, so don't get unpleasantly surprised!

There's a scaled down Buzz Lightyear ride, a teacups-type ride, a Dumbo-type ride, a Goofy's Barnstormer, lots of coasters for those of all ages (down to 36" for several, then most of the rest at 42), a Beetle Bounce (there are no words...), Duplo playground, Mini-Land (where all the scale replicas are), a silly Knights Joust ride, a water play place, the Volvo driving school (3 levels, for all ages), some sort of a jungle cruise, a log ride. Fairy Tale Brook is lame (IMHO), though DD always wants to go on it. I'm sure I've missed some. Oh! The BYO-bucket sand pit!

And let me go on record that our burger lunch there was better and cheaper than what you get at WDW! Black Angus burgers, chips, and a larger beverage.

At 3, your son can enjoy many of the attractions but not all. At almost 7, my daughter can do everything in the park (and she's not a coaster fanatic) and still enjoys it.

Deb

And, on the other end of the age range, my 16 year old had a great time there two years ago doing robotics and riding the extreme ride (can't remember the name).

I'd say go by height, not age. Our son at 3.5 was just a bit under 40 inches when we went, which means I sat off of several of the bigger rides with him. 40 inches is good; 42 inches would allow your DS to ride most everything. They measure even more strictly than Disney!

I think about age 4-10 is perfect for Legoland. So if you visit the area several times a year, maybe go next year or so?

I really enjoyed the Buzz-style ride because things light up or move when you hit them. Beetle Bounce is a rise and fall ride (kinda like Tower of Terror, very small scale, outside). If you go in warm weather, they have a whole Pirates water play area.

PHXscuba:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter