What's Available at BWV Store???

tss2

DVC BWV and VB
What food items are available at the BWV "grocery" store?

I wondered if it carried the same items as are listed on the villa's grocery order form. (I figured if they have the same items and I'm only looking to purchase a few things why pay $5 do have it delivered to my room if I can just get it myself. I think I only want the mickey pasta for my kids and possibly dairy products.)

Thanks for any input!

hi: if all you'll be getting is the pasta and some dairy products, just wait until you get into the room. we almost always do a grocery stop for fresh fruit, drinks, and breakfast items on the way from the airport. it is less expensive than getting them on site.

I looked when I was there two weeks ago, frozen burritos, banquet chicken, healthy choice meals, pizza, waffles, etc. Lunch meats, cheese, butter, eggs, etc. The dry goods include a variety of items, including cereal, coffee, condiments, soup, etc.

We have used the grocery list from OKW........we flew in late during one break. My hubby is hypoglycemic, and has to have protein as soon as he gets up. We went grocery shopping the next day.....but didn't have to rush.

You can get most of the essentials at the General Store but it is going to be much more expensive than the average grocery store. I guess it is worth paying for the convenience when on vacation.

I would still highly recommend stopping at the grocery store on the way from the airport. It you don't want to rent a car, use Tiffany Town Car. They will stop at a grocery store on the way. It only cost $80 round trip for our family of 4.:cool:

I just wondered what items the store at BWV carried. My kids were excited about eating Mickey Mouse pasta so that may be one item I want to purchase at the BWV grocery store if they carry it.

I just tried out NETGROCER and had it delivered to my home and was very impressed. Plan to use them for part of my groceries for our WDW trip, but also love the idea of having fresh fruit and veggies, dairy products, etc. So looks like we will try out the Tiffany Town Car with a grocery stop.

Thanks to everyone for their input!

The only thing that you should remember about making a grocery stop on the way to the room is this: are you going to arrive at BW after 4:00 checkin time? If you're getting in earlier in the day, sure they will hold your bags for you, but will they refrigerate your refrigerables? Has anyone had any experience with this?

JonHM, it's been my experience that they're happy to hold all your groceries for you, including those that are refrigerated or frozen.

Inky
116 days and counting (again)

Tss2, the food items available at the BW store are not as extensive as those available on the list. If you want specific items and are not stopping at the store you would be better off having the items delivered to your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter