What's banned at your home?

No smoking if you live here, but I let guests do it. Luckily most people have given up that bad habit.

Hard drugs. Smoke all the pot you want but I don’t want heroin or cocaine in my house.

Mean people & Stupid people.
Sometimes you don’t know people very well but displaying those qualities means you don’t get invited back.
:eek: You let guests smoke in your house?!? We're smokers and we don't smoke in our own house, let alone imagine in a million years doing it in the home of someone else who doesn't smoke at all.

Religion and politics. Can’t ban them but I strongly urge people from discussing.

Outside. Smoke a joint, cigar, cig…drink whatever..watch anything and have a good time. We can have a good time!

Religion and politics. Can’t ban them but I strongly urge people from discussing.
In your home? I've heard of avoiding those subjects at work, but my gosh, if not your home then where?

Have we abandoned any semblance of civil discourse and are so over-sensitive to disagreement that we can't even discuss religion and politics among the members of our own home?

In your home? I've heard of avoiding those subjects at work, but my gosh, if not your home then where?

Have we abandoned any semblance of civil discourse and are so over-sensitive to disagreement that we can't even discuss religion and politics among the members of our own home?
For all of my extended family, the rule in my
house is no discussion of religion or politics while you’re at my house.

Why?

Because none of them can have a civil discussion about it and none of them respect anybody else’s point of view. And we are talking about people at both ends of the political and religious spectrums here.

I love them all very much. But I want to enjoy my time with them without having them all end up yelling at each other.

Your mileage may vary.

Number one, No peeing in the pool! Also No smoking inside or outside our house. We are non smokers and honestly cannot stand the stench. It's no big deal since all our friends are non smokers but every once in a while someone who does will come over. We tell them to go around the house and dispose of the butt in the garbage can outside. Drinking is encouraged at our house and we have a fridge full on the patio.

Screaming, we’re very quiet people. Pretend gun play, but swords are okay! Anything that might hurt the animals, by which I mean our indoor pets. Drinking is actively encouraged, no discussion permitted except for religion and politics. Everything else is trivial. But we respect each other’s POV

Smoking and illegal drugs are all that I can think of. There’s a few people I don’t want in our home as well; mainly just a former friend of my husband who was very rude and inappropriate with me many years ago.

Actually quite a few things once I started thinking about it. Smoking, illegal drugs, perfume and highly scented products, cats, freshly hewn wood products and beauty bark, using obscenities in regular conversation, and purposeful farting at the dinner table. We were also peanut free for many years when my son was younger and obviously lived with us.

Last edited:
Penguin toys and any movies or nature shows that include penguins especially Happy Feet

Abusive behavior -- physical, verbal, emotional, etc. (We have relatives who won't visit our home because of this rule.)
Foul language
Smoking/Vaping any substances
Illegal drugs

I guess it would go without saying... illegal drugs.
Maybe smoking, nobody in the household does it, and there is no reason to encourage starting it.

Dogs.
I like dogs a lot, but they can’t be in my house bc I have cats and it would freak them out to have a dog in here. It’s ok if someone brings a dog and it stays outside though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter