What's happening to Aulani??

Auntie's is still closed due to Covid. It's following the regulations that Oahu has set up. I'm not sure Disney even has a say in that.

Because of this, more kids are using the pools, so they converted the adult pool to all ages.

Not sure about Ama Ama. Hawaii is seeing record tourism in general, so they might not be able to staff the restaurant.

The kids' club next door at the Four Season is open.

Then I'm not sure. the Oahu rules are supposed to prohibit indoor gatherings unless you're vaccinated or tested negative, which kids would not. Maybe there is an exception for kids only spaces.

Its been said that the adult pool conversion to all ages is now a permanent change.

The overcrowded kid pools were not just a covid problem. The adult pool was usually pretty underused even before. But I think it has gotten worse recently, so it's a good time to change.

They can always just change it back later. No Disney policy is ever permanent.

We are an adults only family. We are using up banked points or we would never stay at Aulani. Many other great resorts with much better amenities. We’ve stayed at Kahala and had a fantastic time. We’ve been DVC members since 1997 and will be selling our points because of all the poor decisions that Disney is making. They no longer care about their members, just the almighty dollar.

The overcrowded kid pools were not just a covid problem. The adult pool was usually pretty underused even before. But I think it has gotten worse recently, so it's a good time to change.

I guess then you think they should change the adult only pools on the Disney cruises because they are “underused” thats just kind of an infuriating statement for those of us that are owners that don’t have kids OR that have kids and relish a little quiet time on vacation.

I have a child, but I can understand why others are upset that there is no "adult only" pool. I do think Aunty's Beach House will reopen at some point. My son attended summer camp in our hometown and not to get into any types of debates, it was a nightmare. We were receiving notification every day, about students and staff testing positive. My guess is that Disney is trying to avoid that, at least until everyone is eligible for vaccinations, including young kids. I understand that other resorts, like the Four Seasons, might have their kids clubs open, but just because a neighboring resort is doing it, doesn't necessarily mean it's the right decision. I also suspect that there aren't as many kids at the Four Seasons kids club compared to the kids in Aunty's Beach House.

I guess then you think they should change the adult only pools on the Disney cruises because they are “underused” thats just kind of an infuriating statement for those of us that are owners that don’t have kids OR that have kids and relish a little quiet time on vacation.

When did I say I wanted them to? I understand why, doesn't mean I'm happy with it. I'm also not going to come on the boards just to complain about something that isn't a huge deal. If you don't like it then don't go to Aulani. Nobody's forcing you.

We’ve been DVC members since 1997 and will be selling our points because of all the poor decisions that Disney is making. They no longer care about their members, just the almighty dollar.
You are certainly within your rights to do this. But don't think that doing so will send a message to Disney. It doesn't matter to them if you use your points or if the person that buys them uses the points. Its all the same to them.

I bought into DVC at Aulani before there was an adults-only pool, so while I'll miss that refuge of relaxation, it's not a deal-breaker for me. What would be are if Aunty's and 'Ama 'Ama go away permanently. Those are two of the specific things (the spa being the other) that convinced us to buy in; of course there were lots of other reasons but those too have degraded over time (basically the overall resort upkeep and level of guest service).

While I am a bit disappointed about losing the adults-only pool, the thing I really noticed last month was that b/c the adult pool abuts the spa (it's on the other side of the wall), there was more noise in the hydrogarden at the spa--this was the biggest bummer for us. Previously, we didn't have to hear squealing kiddos while enjoying the spa.

While I am a bit disappointed about losing the adults-only pool, the thing I really noticed last month was that b/c the adult pool abuts the spa (it's on the other side of the wall), there was more noise in the hydrogarden at the spa--this was the biggest bummer for us. Previously, we didn't have to hear squealing kiddos while enjoying the spa.
Ohhh that’s an interesting point - Wonder if that would spark it’s own set of complaints.

The point was just that the adult pool becoming a family pool is now a go-forward thing rather than a temporary covid thing. It may have started as a way to spread people out, but its morphed into a new policy in the post-pandemic world, for whatever reason. I wouldn't expect Disney to reverse the decision any time soon unless they get significant backlash for it. I'm sure they have good reasons for making this decision, but as you can see here, a lot of us are disappointed. It was the one kid-free respite for us Disney fans that are childless (or traveling childless) and still would like a space of our own to enjoy. The adult version of Aunty's, if you will :)

I’ve been pretty understanding of all the cuts, changes, etc. and have been rolling with the punches so far but then this happened ...

Hopefully it’s temporary because I want my Hawaiian Sea Salt toiletries!

Attachments

• 0F8980E4-554C-4BA0-A03D-DD4F360B85C0.jpeg
    0F8980E4-554C-4BA0-A03D-DD4F360B85C0.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 77

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter