What's that Disney memory that sticks out in your mind?

jms1022

Mouseketeer
I want to know what your favorite memory that sticks out in your mind. Was it the first time your 4yr old saw the Cinderella castle?princess: Was it the look on your DH's face after he tried the Beverly?:drinking1 I want to know people! Tell all!popcorn::

Kay folks time to tell you my memory! It has to be the first time we drove under the Walt Disney World arch. I think i actually started crying!:love:

Second trip, the girls were 5 and 8, we were just relaxing in France on a bench. Dusk was falling. The kids wanted to buy something, and joked about fishing coins out of the fountain pool to pay for it. They sat on the edge of the fountain and were just swishing their hands in the calm water. Suddenly, the fountain lights come on for the night and it starts spraying water from the edge, right where they were. They were so startled and jumped and ran to us. A few people that noticed had a chuckle.

It's not a big or magical thing (well, sort of), and doesn't involve any characters or rides, but it's one that stands out.

My oldest child had a lot of health problems when she was small, and was pretty sick during her first visit to Disneyland. Since she wasn't contagious and was heartbroken at the idea of not getting to go, we decided to take the trip anyhow and just let how she felt dictate the activity level and time spent in the parks. One of the days she was feeling pretty horrible but didn't want to go back to the hotel, so we were hanging out in Toontown letting her play in a little playground that used to be there. Chip n Dale were in that area, and there were very few people in that part of the park just then, so they came over to the playground and played with her. She had a good 15 minutes or so of one-on-one time with them, and then a few other kids came and joined in as well. How often do kids have an opportunity for individual play with the characters like that? Sixteen years later my daughter still remembers how much she loved that, even though she felt super crummy at the time. :love:

We were on the bus back to the resort from Magic Kingdom on our last day. We were going to swim and have lunch while waiting for the ME. My DS (4) mentioned us going to our room and changing into our suits and we told him no, we did not have a room anymore, that we had checked out and would be going home that day. Well, he just burst into tears!! :sad1: It was the only time he cried the whole trip and we were all so taken aback that we could not help laughing!!:rotfl: Even though we all pretty much felt the same inside...:rolleyes:

100_0283.jpg

I have many many many great Disney memories. I think my favorite has to be when my younger cousin got a huge Mickey lollipop at DTD. She talked her parents into buying it but they wouldn't let her eat it since we were to be eating dinner soon. For the next couple of hours she walked around saying "I want to lick it" over and over and over again. She was only like 5 or 6 at the time and we still make fun of her for it up to this day.

Illuminations is always a great memory for me too! I usually watch it at least twice every trip and I can never seem to get enough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter