whats the best?????????????

cool chris

cool days, cool times, coolchris
hi all :smooth:

We are off to wdw in september for the first time, well you have to go for your 30th birthday don't you. What we would love to know is what is the best water park to visit in orlando as we will only have the chance to visit 1 possibly 2. So if anyone can help please do.

Thanks in advance.

cool chris

I LOVE Blizzard Beach, the way Disney have themed this park is just excellent and there are lots of different water rides to go on, fast, slow etc. There is also a river that runs all the way around the park (Someone help me out with its name please) and you can just sit in a tube and float around, whilst chilling out. Also the food is ok there and you can grab a cold beer.

The reason I've chosen this one over Typhoon Lagoon is that I’m not a big wave pool fan, and the way Disney have themed Blizzard Beach reminds you all the time that you in the land of the mouse.

Em

Hi Chris, Welcome to the DIS.
While there are a couple of "lesser" waterparks in the area , WetnWild on IDrive and another on the 192 in Kissimee I think your best choice is either of the two Disney Waterparks. It's impossible to say which is the better of the two because they both have areas in which they are superior over the other. If you have an Orlando flex ticket and WetnWild is included, then I think it's sensible to go there, it's not a bad park, has some good rides and a reasonable kiddies area. It just doesn't have the same attention to detail and themeing that you find at Disney but if it's already paid for.......

Typhoon Lagoon has the BEST wave pool (throwing out 5 foot waves every 90 seconds) , some pretty good slides, the chance to go snorkling with sharks ( only small ones :eek: ) and pretty good kids areas for the little ones. It also has more established plantlife and generally offers more shade if you tend to over catch the sun.

Blizzard Beach has an reasonable wavepool and THE BEST SLIDES, it's kids areas are possibly better than TL FOR OVER 7S. The family raft ride at BB is really NOT TO BE MISSED.

If your kids are not very brave or too young to go on the slides I think TL is the better option, if you want a REALLY wild time go to BB. IMHO there isn't anything between the two parks in quality, I would say TL is the more relaxing of the two.

It depends on your needs. If you want a GREAT pool with gorgeous surroundings then I would choose Typhoon Lagoon. However if you want excellent water slides with an "ok" pool then I would go for Blizzard Beach - as for a favourite thats too hard to call.

One word of advice, avoid the waterparks at the weekends as they are usually full by mid morning.

Have a great time,
Dave

Hiya Chris and welcome to DIS,

as all above have said the parks each have their own best bits.

For us, Typhoon Lagoon is the one we go to laze and enjoy the tropical theming whereas Blizzard Beach is more for fun and got better slides etc. Our kids (12 and 15) vote for WetnWild overall as (in their opinions) the best slides overall are there.

So, what's your party made up of and are you swimmers, sliders, sunbathers or a mix?

At What age can you do the family raft rides at BB and what exactly is it??? Is it a lazy river type raft ride or do you go down small slides?? We have 3 kids aged nearly 2.5, 4 and 6. Is it suitable for the 2 yo and if so can he sit on my knee?

Thanks
Lisa

Lisa it's a giant rubber ring ( with a bottom) that you can get up to 6 people in. The 4 and 6 Yr old are certainly going to be OK, although you'll have to hold on tight to them. The 2.5 is going to be borderline. I would suggest trying the less extreme one at TL first. It's about 1/4 of the distance of the BB one and a lot less vigerous.

Have to say that I am a fan of both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. I prefer the Disney water parks to the Wet 'n' Wilds as I find them more themed and lush looking they also have less visible concrete.

BB has better slides etc whilst TL has a better pool which can be a ride in itself.

Thanks to all who replyed to my question.
I think i'm going to drag my wife to BB as i love the big slides and she can do some of the smaller ones (she gets very scared of the huge slides i,ve shownher in the books we've bought) so once again thanks speak to u all again soon

cool chris:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter