Whats your favourite "first sight" in WDW?

blagadan

Earning My Ears
The thing that rings my bell when entering WDW isnt the parking lots or the shuttle trams or the main street or the castle...., For some reason, its this...

Once I see this little sign, I get the spine tingle.... everything else after this is overwhelming...

Whats yours?

Disneyentrance.jpg

Mine was Mickey's Hat!!:wizard:

That was the first park we visited and I just remember staring at it.

Oh wow... that's a tough one. :scratchin

I guess it's a tie:

1.) The gate as you enter the WDW property (#C in this thread). That's when it really hits me that our Disney trip has begun.

2.) The sight of Main Street USA as you walk out from underneath the train station at MK. It's an extremely cinematic moment (as it's designed to be), and all that's missing is your own personal theme music.

3.) The first sight of our room at the resort! Since we usually start out at midnight and drive all night to get to WDW (so we're there in the morning and can start out on the day), we're ready to get unloaded and freshened up as soon as possible. :lmao:

I have a tie too -

The gateway as you come onto Disney property and

seeing the monorail for the 1st time of the trip. That screams vacation for me.

From this past trip it was seeing Cinderella's Castle from the highway, welcome to Magic Kingdom sign, and the CR coming into view!

Spying the monorail track as we're driven in and then the Magic Kingdom arch and the real gripper is entering the lobby of our favorite resort, Wilderness Lodge, we're here, welcome home, all the rest is just icing on the cake.

I have to add, that my next favorite sight is: my rear parked in a chaise lounge, drink in hand at the Wilderness Lodge, I'm home again.

For me its the Welcome To DisneyWorld sign as you are driving through. It gets me everytime!:lovestruc

I can usually feel the excitement building from the minute I get on the plane and then when I get off and see the Magical Express waiting area I can hardly contain myself. I am rolling right along when we get to the resort and I get to see my new "home," at least for the next few days. We usually don't go to any park the first day because of our arrival time so I am wired and restless until I see the castle, then I know, completely and utterly, that I have arrived and it is welcoming me back!
:mickeyjum
:wish100

My "first sight" is more of a "first sound". Entering the MK and hearing the various sounds associated with the train seems to be my tingle trigger. :)

Well, when the van is packed and the kids are safely in their seats and we are off, I know vacation has started. After a 20+ hour ride it is always exciting to see the Disney bilboards, becasue you know you are getting close.

BUT...

The sight that gets me choked up, teary eyed and overwhelmed with excitement and really makes it all seem real to me is the WELCOME SIGN That you drive under. there is nothing like seeing that sign (and yet I hate seeing it in my rearview mirror a week later!!!)

To me, that is one of the most beautiful sights...:banana:

When I see the Welcome to Disneyworld sign I think I get more excited than my kids. I MUST see the castle soon after.

For me its the Welcome To DisneyWorld sign as you are driving through. It gets me everytime!:lovestruc

Ditto.
That and the first sight of Spaceship Earth from the road are my personal favorites.

Mine would have to be the garden. when i first see it, im fine. but when i leave, and i look at it, i start to just choke up. its such a happy place.:sad:

We usually attend during the holiday season, so, when I first see the front of the train station at MK and hear the Xmas music, it brings happy tears to my eyes. :santa:

I get very excited when we drive under the Welcome sign too. Im like the other poster said, I get more excited then the kids do at that point. Also seeing the castle from the ferry gets me emotional and I always think to myself. Thank God Im able to share this with my kids.

I love riding in and being able to see the castle when your right around the Contemporary. The first time I went back after going as a little kid there was a little girl on the bus next to me. She saw that castle in the distance and her mouth went wide open. It doesn't feel like I'm really there until I see the castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter