what's your must eat at restaurant?

Gotta chill for a few hours on the deck at Nomad's Lounge, every time! I feel like the quality of the drinks has gone down in the past few years-- maybe the barkeep is premixing whole batches versus making drinks to order? But, I mean, you can always just order a gin and tonic because...

Nothing beats the Nomad Lounge vibe! The breeze, the music, the apps from Tiffin's, the lounge-y set-up, the cast members... all so good! Some of my favorite resort memories are waiting out ferocious summer storms on that vibey deck with my sweetheart.
I miss the days before Pandora opened. No one but us (lol) knew Nomad Lounge was there. There was never a wait and it was never crowded. It was heavenly!

How did you like it? Most people have sa0id it's been hit or miss.
It was OK. Unfortunately, it's iced, and it was a shockingly cold day in Orlando. If you need a pick me up with alcohol, it's not bad. It might be better without the alcohol, because it would be cheaper. I would have to try it again on a hot day to confirm an opinion.

Steakhouse 71 has become one of my faves quickly, planning dinner there next trip and also LeCellier in Canada at Epcot has long been a must do every trip! If in Disney springs , I eat at Blaze pizza, it quick and good and they have a gluten free option for me! At DHS 50’s prime time is good food and entertaining and not a huge price tag for a table service!

It use to be Ohana dinner for us. We havent been since covid and i've read the bad reviews lately. We are still going to go for our October trip.

I miss the days before Pandora opened. No one but us (lol) knew Nomad Lounge was there. There was never a wait and it was never crowded. It was heavenly!
Even after it opened it took a bit for Nomad lounge to become a hot ticket. Summer of 2017 we just walked in late afternoon and found nice place to sit outside on the deck - totally unplanned - no wait list etc.

I like The Lunching Pad. But I may have no taste.

There. Has every place been mentioned yet? :laughing:

Has every restaurant been mentioned yet? Is anyone keeping track? Does anyone care much about any answer but their own? :laughing:
That's the thing, for some choices it's less about the quality, quantity or value of the food... It's the memories assorted with the "must do". Which is really why many of us love WDW...

That's the thing, for some choices it's less about the quality, quantity or value of the food... It's the memories assorted with the "must do". Which is really why many of us love WDW...
I agree. But you can't "plan" to have memories, and you never know when they're going to happen. So what's the point?

One of our best memories, which we reference on a weekly basis still, happened in 1997, on the boat back to GF from MK one late late night when we were all slap-happy. And we almost took the monorail back that night. And my point is..., I don't know.

BOMA! Quality and quantity all in one and at the best resort on property. I’ve always said AKV could be a standalone resort anywhere in the US and be a top destination.

The Brown Derby is an almost every stay must.
Seems better sharing the experience with another couple. We had visited in 2019, just me & mrs. wabbott, and enjoyed it. Last October, another couple met us at WDW for several shared days, and one of our meals was dinner at BD. Everyone had fun.

We used to have our favorites we went to for dinner every.single.trip. Shula's - Narcoossees - Brown Derby - Boathouse, the occasional Boma.

The last couple trips we have weaned ourselves off the old standbys and forced ourselves to eat at new places, for us, and it has worked out great.

We were missing out on a lot of very nice dining by being in a restaurant rut.

LOL, now we are in a lunch rut because if I'm having lunch at AK, it just has to be Satu'li, (Though Nomad Lounge may have taken that over), at HS it's Docking Bay 7 and at Epcot it's Via Napoli. Now we need a lunch intervention.

I’m realizing all of our traditional places are chosen based upon if it’s an oasis from crowds/noise/sun.

*We always did LTT for lunch but may not this time since it’s no longer a la carte for lunch.
*Kringla for the pastries and the patio
*Kona breakfast on our leaving day for the pressed coffee and pineapple pancakes
*Sci-Fi for the twilight lighting and movies. We just stick to foods that are easier for them to get right and don’t have our expectations set too high. Hands down this is the best restaurant for helping us get that second wind.

I have always loved 'Ohana. Ever since we ate there we fell in love. We love the atmosphere, the design, & the environment. The food is also great. My favorite dessert is their bread pudding. They changed the menu up a little bit the last time we dined there by adding lettuce wraps, but I love their noodles and pot stickers.

Hey, I’m going to book Sci-Fi for my next trip because it’s been mentioned so many times in this thread. 😄
We always eat at Sci-Fi each trip. The food is just the basic hamburger, fried, shakes (great shakes)! That's what we usually get, but there are other offerings too. We have never gotten a bad meal there, and love the old sci-fi horror movies! It's also a great place to rest in a cool, quiet atmosphere.

Yak and Yeti, Brown Derby, and Coral Reef are on our list every time. Coral Reef is not consistently good, but it is a tradition since our child was small. The running joke is that we have never, in all of years, gotten a seat next to the tank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter