What's your supply chain issue? How's this one for a start?

So what are the turkey prices in your area? Most Thanksgiving sales should have started by now.
Publix has butterball for $.97 lb but the fresh all natural butterball was $2.97 a pound! I paid $26.45 for a 10 lb turkey.

I got my Safeway free turkey today. They had none of the free turkey breast (which is what I wanted b/c I'm trying to do a little smaller here), and all the free regular turkeys were at the low weight (all under 15lbs, when up to 22lbs was free - I guess b/c folks figured if it was free, they were getting as big as possible). So, I got my "free" 13lb turkey, and I'll make do this year.

Now, I could have bought the non-free turkey breast at $3+/lb (depending on type), but my freezer is only so big, and I couldn't pass up a "free" turkey when meat has gotten so expensive, so...:)

We aren't having Thanksgiving until saturday so hoping they have pumpkin pies left. The item I have been having trouble with is Desenex of all things. I can pay the gouging prices on Amazon but not going to. They are normally $5-6 for 3 oz. They are charging $12 a bottle. My daughter uses it around areas left unsaid when she's in bed a lot.

no distilled water for dh's cpap.

do you have any hardware stores near by? when there was none on the shelves of most of the other stores near us i was able to find it there. you can also order it online through staples-they sell 6 one gallon bottles for $14.49.

One of the lessons of the wildfire in Santa Rosa in 2017 was, the cell phone towers burned up, so no cell service in the city. The landlines in the city were all buried and working just fine. People who depended on cell phone emergency alerts had to way to receive them. One of the hospitals in Santa Rosa contacted all the radio and TV stations asking us to report that their employees should call in on the hospital landline numbers, not their supervisors cell phone numbers since the cell phones were out.
Oh, and speaking of OLD technology that did not fail during the fire, AM radio. The Emergency Alert system put out on AM radio stations which can broadcast from well outside the area.....often by 100 miles.....worked perfectly. Almost every car has an AM radio, however I can't remember that last time I listened to AM radio.

This is a perfect example as to how sometimes old technology can prove to be the most reliable. To your point about AM radio, that's also why Ham Radio operators are still around and one of the main "selling points" of getting licensed. When other communication infrastructure goes down or becomes oversaturated during an emergency, ham radio operators are able to operate unimpeded and frequently get embedded with emergency response units to ensure communication between them can remain intact.

I have to admit even though I have my iPhone with CarPlay and all the podcasts and music I could possibly need on it, I sometimes tune into an AM station and listen for awhile for the sake of nostalgia :)

Holy crap! I've been to the grocery store for the first time in about 2 weeks and my bill is about 35% more than usual. :eek: :faint: At least the store looked pretty stocked. Probably because no one else was buying at these prices. :sad2:

Same...I'm spending about 25-30% more on food than I normally do right now. We've decided to move $300 from our discretionary spending budget over to our grocery budget starting in December. I was seeing the numbers creep up, but it seems like it's really taken off this month in particular. Today I noticed this article in the NYT about prices at the pump really hitting budgets and people are needing to make decisions on what to cut. And this is just talking about gas prices for the most part. Expect to see more articles like this in the coming months. Link below.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/20/business/high-cost-of-gas.html

Ugh...more price increases in one week at my HMart...

My shredded carrot was up 50%, apples and Korean marinated beef were up $1/lb...

One nice older Asian lady was just grabbing bags of bean sprouts b/c they were on sale for $1/lb. However, as I reached for one, she asked me how to cook them b/c she had no idea. I think she was grabbing them b/c they were one veg she could afford.

This whole grocery inflation needs to get under control fast. While the Thanksgiving prices are being held down as much as possible, stores are using those sales to put in all the new prices on all the rest of their products...

For the record, I got about 40% less groceries for the same amount of my spend 2 months ago...

An interesting supply chain issue we ran into today - DH went to the liquor store to buy a 1.75 of Old Forrester 86. There was none on the shelf and he asked the clerk. The clerk told him Brown Foreman can't get any 1.75 bottles right now, so they can't bottle anything that size. He told DH they are hoping to have them in stock by the first of the year so they can start bottling that size again.

Ugh...more price increases in one week at my HMart...

My shredded carrot was up 50%, apples and Korean marinated beef were up $1/lb...

One nice older Asian lady was just grabbing bags of bean sprouts b/c they were on sale for $1/lb. However, as I reached for one, she asked me how to cook them b/c she had no idea. I think she was grabbing them b/c they were one veg she could afford.

This whole grocery inflation needs to get under control fast. While the Thanksgiving prices are being held down as much as possible, stores are using those sales to put in all the new prices on all the rest of their products...

For the record, I got about 40% less groceries for the same amount of my spend 2 months ago...
D6BBDD47-D400-4438-80D7-5E5A79A9D2E7.jpeg

just the other day i remarked to my oldest that the dollar value of the full meal per work shift that her employer provides every employee has increased tremendously. as a single person she saves far more than she realizes by virtue of having her dinner meal at no cost 5 days per week.

just the other day i remarked to my oldest that the dollar value of the full meal per work shift that her employer provides every employee has increased tremendously. as a single person she saves far more than she realizes by virtue of having her dinner meal at no cost 5 days per week.
A friend gets her gasoline paid for, a big benefit. But her employer doesn't offer paid vacation, or health coverage, instead every employee gets $10,000 on the first of the year in compensation for the lack of benefits. They can take off as much time as they like, they just don't get paid for it. They didn't used to get sick time, but California now requires workers get 3 days paid sick time a year. The owner isn't cheap, he just didn't want to have to deal with all the paperwork tracking vacation time and health coverage.

A friend gets her gasoline paid for, a big benefit. But her employer doesn't offer paid vacation, or health coverage, instead every employee gets $10,000 on the first of the year in compensation for the lack of benefits. They can take off as much time as they like, they just don't get paid for it. They didn't used to get sick time, but California now requires workers get 3 days paid sick time a year. The owner isn't cheap, he just didn't want to have to deal with all the paperwork tracking vacation time and health coverage.

interesting … that $10k must be taxable compensation? I would imagine that taxes would take a big bite out of that.

interesting … that $10k must be taxable compensation? I would imagine that taxes would take a big bite out of that.
Probably about 25%. But health care premiums are deductible .

I have found theater box candy to be in short supply. There is always some available, but way less kinds than usual. Even at Dollar Tree which would usually have a very wide variety there's not usually very many kinds.

Also I wanted Reese's peanut butter Giant bars for my son for Christmas. Looked at 5 stores (some more than once over a couple of weeks) before I found some.

I went to Costco yesterday to get Thanksgiving stuff, and there were no Kirkland turkey breasts. We have switched from whole turkeys to just reheating this already cooked because it was such a waste to roast a whole turkey. Nobody ate anything other than the breast, no dark meat at all. Looked in all the usual places in the deli aisles, none to be found. This isn't a seasonal item, they carry it all year long. I spoke with the deli manager. She was trying to help someone yesterday find them, the computer lists them as in store but nobody can find or access them. I was directed to front of store and employee there confirmed they had them, so went back to deli while more people looked-nothing. I was told to go back to front of store after checking out and they would help me find it at another Costco. Of course it showed many units or pallets at other nearby stores, but would I have the same issue there? We drove to the nearest one about 20 minutes away-yep, same problem. I went through the same routine-manager checked in back, couldn't find any and helped me check in aisles, nothing there. All employees were very helpful and I thanked them as I waited patiently. I am so frustrated though, not sure if I want to try another Costco or do something else.

Well wish dh and me luck. We need a new car. DS just got a full time job and he is getting my dh’s car but first DH needs a car. My son is borrowing mine in the meantime. It’s very bad for car buying now which you all know.

I went to Costco yesterday to get Thanksgiving stuff, and there were no Kirkland turkey breasts. We have switched from whole turkeys to just reheating this already cooked because it was such a waste to roast a whole turkey. Nobody ate anything other than the breast, no dark meat at all. Looked in all the usual places in the deli aisles, none to be found. This isn't a seasonal item, they carry it all year long. I spoke with the deli manager. She was trying to help someone yesterday find them, the computer lists them as in store but nobody can find or access them. I was directed to front of store and employee there confirmed they had them, so went back to deli while more people looked-nothing. I was told to go back to front of store after checking out and they would help me find it at another Costco. Of course it showed many units or pallets at other nearby stores, but would I have the same issue there? We drove to the nearest one about 20 minutes away-yep, same problem. I went through the same routine-manager checked in back, couldn't find any and helped me check in aisles, nothing there. All employees were very helpful and I thanked them as I waited patiently. I am so frustrated though, not sure if I want to try another Costco or do something else.

Wow....glad we got ours last week. That is the same one we have.....and I get them all year long too.

Well wish dh and me luck. We need a new car. DS just got a full time job and he is getting my dh’s car but first DH needs a car. My son is borrowing mine in the meantime. It’s very bad for car buying now which you all know.
We just bought a new car last week. Carvana gave us a crazy high price for our minivan even with the back up camera not working so we ended up getting a plug in hybrid Volvo XC60. My husband has a bolt that he loves and we wanted a plug in hybrid for our next car for me. I like the Audi x5 a bit more but I maybe would get one in January but not quite what I wanted. Or I could order it and it would be 6 months minimum. They had the Volvo on the lot with what I wanted and they did not try to sell above msrp (not below but not above). We looked at a rav4 and they wanted 9000 over msrp. I was not paying Volvo prices for a Toyota (the difference was $1000). If you can be flexible you can usually find something that works for you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter