When are there the least kids?

I've been there at all different times of the year and it always seems like there are a ton of kids. It's tricky cause you never know what part of the country has spring break...they all seem to go to Disney. Expect the most kids during peak times. This info was taken off the site we used when planning our vacation. I personally have a love/hate relationship with peak times though 'cause stuff tends to be open later and more things seem to be going on. Hope this helps

Highest Attendance:
Presidents' week in February
Mid-March through Late April (Spring Break)
Memorial Day weekend
Mid-June through Labor Day
Thanksgiving Day and weekend
Christmas week through New Year's Day

Moderate Attendance:
After Presidents' week in February through early March
Late April through early June (except Memorial Day weekend)
The first part of Thanksgiving week

Lowest Attendance:
January (except New Year's Day) until just prior to Presidents' week in February
The week following Labor Day until just prior to Thanksgiving week
The week following Thanksgiving until the week prior to Christmas

It is true, if you go during off-peak periods, the parks tend to close earlier, rides (and monorail) cut back for refurbs, parades and fireworks happen less frequently, and there is less to do overall. Resort restaurants might actually be busier in the evenings if MK closes early, I would think.

On the other hand, you can go on rides over and over.

I enjoy watching and dealing with the crowds during Presidents week the last 15 years, and we even went Christmas Week one year. But if I were to go without kids, after Labor Day would be best for the weather (opps, forgot about the hurricaines) and right after Thanksgiving for the Christmas decor.

that list needs some updating.

the food/wine festavial at Epcot - Sept 30 thru Nov 12 is a hit. Now kids I don't expect to see (although there is fall break during this time) - but lots of adults drinking and eating around WS definitely!!!!

Sept is a good time to go - however - there are some European countries that have off that month (yes very unfair we get weeks off they get months off).... Sept is also for some schools (far less than Oct) fall break.

Jan and Feb are winter break months.

plus you will always have the little ones who are too young for school.

So to find a month without kids in WDW is just about impossible. Sorry!!!

Anytime when the kids are back in school you'll see fewer kids in the parks/resorts. However, there are always, as stated above, some country(ies) or cities that have some sort of break and a large group always go to Disney.

For instance, week of Mardi Gras in Louisiana, a lot of locals leave to either go sking or they ALL head to Disney that week as most kids have 3 to 5 straight days away from school (this is Feb or March of every year). New Jersey has a week off either first or second week in November (everyone refers to it as Jersey week). European countries have weeks off in Sept and I believe March as well. Then there are the times known as Pop Warner/chearleader/dance team weeks. Pop Warner/cheerleaders (LARGE Youth groups) heads to Disney for about a week during second week in December usually and dance teams head on over either end of Feb/beg. of March.

If you can deal with heat and hurricanes then Sept/Oct. are pretty good months to go. If your willing to go in Nov./Dec then avoid the holidays including Veterans weekend. Jan/Feb are also great times to go but remember it does get cold in FL occasionally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter