When do you book your flight?

I book a room when there is a discount offered and then airfare assuming it’s available. I always use Southwest. I then watch fares and rebook when the price goes down. For example I have a trip booked end of April. Initially airfare was around $300. I now have it at $230. You don’t get a refund but you do get a credit. By doing this on a regular basis I build up enough credits to pay for future flights.

i always book our trip at 11 months. Then once the flights become available I remove any days from the start and/end of our trip based on the flights. I always end up dropping days from the start and end of our trip because I never get flights to match up exactly. The only good thing about this is I have more than enough points to book an extra week and I am very flexible on what dates I travel.

We have to get PTO approved through work pretty far in advance. Depending on the time of the year, it could be well over a year in advance. For example, for the trip we just took in March '24, my husband had to request those days off in October/November '22. So, we have to have the dates set. Then, we can book either at 11 months or 7 months if we want to stay somewhere other than our home resort. We used to try to book flights around 3-4 months out, but there has been a shift in airlines and it seems you really need to book in as far advance as you can to get the best rates. We booked our December '24 flights a couple weeks ago. Because of the PTO situation, our dates are not flexible.

I typically book our flights 35- to 45-days before our date of arrival, with a few days buffer before the 31-day mark. When booking our DVC reservation, 7- or 11-months out, I do add a day before and a day after, so that we have some flexibility with airfare and flight times. Instead of waitlisting or planning a split stay, we find it is easier to remove a Friday night and arrive Saturday or keep a Monday departure, instead of Sunday, if fares are high or less convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter