When do you receive IHG Free Anniversary Night?

Tenacious K

earning my beers
Hi all! I have the IHG credit card and my "anniversary" will be in mid-January. For those who have already received this perk in the past, when did you actually receive the digital anniversary night voucher? On the actual anniversary date? A few days/weeks prior? Did you get an e-mail notification? I'd like to book a night in February at a Holiday Inn so I want to make sure I'm on top of it since I don't have much wiggle room.

My free nights have always come on the anniversary of the day that I opened the card. I opened the card on April 24, and that's the day the free night appears in my IHG account now.

Is the free night still capped at 40k per night? Can't remember if it got changed back or not.

Is the free night still capped at 40k per night? Can't remember if it got changed back or not.

It depends. As far as I know Chase and IHG are allowing everyone one more unrestricted free night. Mine posts next April and as I recall I just made the cutoff. When is your anniversary?

But yes, following the cutoff, the free night will be limited to 40k.

It depends. As far as I know Chase and IHG are allowing everyone one more unrestricted free night. Mine posts next April and as I recall I just made the cutoff. When is your anniversary?

But yes, following the cutoff, the free night will be limited to 40k.

I got mine last July. Because I'm eligible for my free night as of next week. I just wasn't planning on using it until next Spring...unless I get antsy then later this year...

I got mine last July. Because I'm eligible for my free night as of next week. I just wasn't planning on using it until next Spring...unless I get antsy then later this year...

You should for sure get an unrestricted free night this year, but I'm not sure about next year.

Edit: DoC confirms: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/all-...-1st-2019-will-be-unrestricted-positive-news/

You will get an unrestricted free night this year and a 40k/night certificate next year.

This was the best deal in all credit cards. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did, but still sad it's going away.

you should book it as soon as you get it for next spring as IHG increases the points cost pretty consistently. If you decide on something else, cancel and rebook.

I will be using mine end of July in a 50K point hotel with a room cost of about $500. I booked it last year before they changed price so I was looked in, even if they hadn't backtracked on the value. I'll do the same as soon as I get my next night on august 1, since the next night I get will also be unrestricted.

This was the best deal in all credit cards. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did, but still sad it's going away.

I agree and I'm still surprised that people may have actually upgraded or closed the $49 card.

Still have mine. Last year we spent an early December weekend in New York at an Intercontinental, $1400ish cash price both nights. Will do something similar this year.

you should book it as soon as you get it for next spring as IHG increases the points cost pretty consistently. If you decide on something else, cancel and rebook.

I will be using mine end of July in a 50K point hotel with a room cost of about $500. I booked it last year before they changed price so I was looked in, even if they hadn't backtracked on the value. I'll do the same as soon as I get my next night on august 1, since the next night I get will also be unrestricted.

So even if I wait for next spring to travel it will still be unlimited if I book asap?

So even if I wait for next spring to travel it will still be unlimited if I book asap?

This particular night will be unlimited when you book even if you wait. It's just always a good idea to book early to get what you want. You can always cancel award rooms. But if no rooms are available if you wait, you might be out of luck.

Yes, just to reinforce @Judique above, when you GET the award determines if it's unrestricted, not when you travel. Since you are receiving yours again this month, it will still fall in the unrestricted window, and you have one year to travel.

Thanks everyone for clarifying. I just have to decide which city I want to use it on as we are planning to visit a couple.

Another question though...Did anyone get the email from IHG for the mystery bonus points? I got 100% and wondering if it is worth it...Thanks

I received it as well. Typically only worth it if you need to top-up your points for a redemption. It's usually not worth speculatively buying points and holding onto them, because you'd have to make very sure the value of your redemption down the road is higher than your points purchase price (because otherwise, you're wasting money).

I received it as well. Typically only worth it if you need to top-up your points for a redemption. It's usually not worth speculatively buying points and holding onto them, because you'd have to make very sure the value of your redemption down the road is higher than your points purchase price (because otherwise, you're wasting money).

Got it. Thanks for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter