When do you stop tinkering with the plans?

Planning is almost as fun as the trip. It's like day dreaming that comes to life.

I agree. I enjoy planning vacations almost as much as actually being there. With that being said, I'm not sure I ever stop tweaking my plans. I say I'm done, but then I start to think about things that will make our trip better so I adjust a little over here and a little over there. It drives my husband bananas.

Thank you for all the replies: even though I hadn’t posted again, I have been reading everything that was said. I’m very impressed at all the planners who are still making changes on the go - I don’t think my stress levels could cope with that!

I really appreciate those who have given me advice, and I will definitely take it all on board. It’s hard doing such a big trip for our first time at WDW, as I really have no idea what I’m doing, everything is new, and I’m putting a lot of pressure on myself to have the “perfect” vacation. I definitely agree with those who said I will learn a lot in my first few days, and hopefully at that point I will feel a bit calmer.

As I said in another post, I’m finding that I’m beginning to dread this trip, and I know that the reason is the pressure I’m putting on myself. We leave in 2 weeks, so I need to take a step back now, while I still have time to salvage our trip from my bad attitude. After I post this, I’m going to sign out of my account here and not do anything Disney related until next weekend. I really want to get back to the point where many of you are, where the planning is half the fun, and I think I can if I reassess my trip priorities and take a little break.

Thanks again. I really appreciate everyone’s perspective.

Never seen not once with my mom stop tinkering with her plans for our whole family... something may have shut down or broke down and we have to alter our plans, it sucks!

Thank you for all the replies: even though I hadn’t posted again, I have been reading everything that was said. I’m very impressed at all the planners who are still making changes on the go - I don’t think my stress levels could cope with that!

I really appreciate those who have given me advice, and I will definitely take it all on board. It’s hard doing such a big trip for our first time at WDW, as I really have no idea what I’m doing, everything is new, and I’m putting a lot of pressure on myself to have the “perfect” vacation. I definitely agree with those who said I will learn a lot in my first few days, and hopefully at that point I will feel a bit calmer.

As I said in another post, I’m finding that I’m beginning to dread this trip, and I know that the reason is the pressure I’m putting on myself. We leave in 2 weeks, so I need to take a step back now, while I still have time to salvage our trip from my bad attitude. After I post this, I’m going to sign out of my account here and not do anything Disney related until next weekend. I really want to get back to the point where many of you are, where the planning is half the fun, and I think I can if I reassess my trip priorities and take a little break.

Thanks again. I really appreciate everyone’s perspective.

Not sure if you will see this because you are signing out, but the important thing is to relax! No matter what you do, the unexpected will happen. You can not plan for everything. However, at the end of the day, if you relax and enjoy the trip you will all have a great, magical time. Plan as much as you can, but don't stress the overplanning - just go with it and have a great time. That's the important thing.

Not sure if you will see this because you are signing out, but the important thing is to relax! No matter what you do, the unexpected will happen. You can not plan for everything. However, at the end of the day, if you relax and enjoy the trip you will all have a great, magical time. Plan as much as you can, but don't stress the overplanning - just go with it and have a great time. That's the important thing.

Thank you very much. :-) I think this is the crux of it: I can't plan for everything, so I need to just try to relax and trust that I have done enough planning to be able to find a solution when a problem arises. I had to sign back in today to ask a question about room selection, but I'm back on my break now!

I overplanned my trip November 2017 and it was a very unhappy and frustrating trip. The good memories that were supposed to come from it didn't happen. It was my fault, I thought we could do three parks in a day but it just wasn't possible for my family and all of us suffered because of it. You have a VERY long trip and I would definitely leave some rest days so you can enjoy some free time and the hotel. My situation was quite different but since then, I have really toned it down with how much I plan. Have fun and don't stress it too hard! Good luck :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter