When do you think dessert parties will return?

Sugarshock

Earning My Ears
I'm honestly shocked Disney hasn't announced the return of dessert parties considering the end of both HEA and Epcot Forever. I feel like there's no shortage of people, myself included, who would happily pay the price to have a guaranteed fireworks viewing spot right now. What do you think, will they be back soon? Has anyone heard any rumors?

I'm honestly shocked Disney hasn't announced the return of dessert parties considering the end of both HEA and Epcot Forever. I feel like there's no shortage of people, myself included, who would happily pay the price to have a guaranteed fireworks viewing spot right now. What do you think, will they be back soon? Has anyone heard any rumors?
Can't speak as to reasons specifically. No rumors to report. But, WDW has from time-to-time erected temporary tents or shelters that looks connected with the work on Harmonious and maybe that along with the Food & Wine booths and crowds make locating a spot for the dessert parties too unpredictable? I'm just spit balling here.

When I saw Columbia Harbor House was reopening, my first thought was that Tomorrowland Terrace would be available for dessert parties again. I hope they’re back by October!
I'm hoping for end of August for my trip! lol

I think the current sluggish pace in things reopening (I'm personally waiting for VIP tours) has nothing to do with Covid protocols.

It is due entirely to Disney getting caught off guard by the high number of cast members who chose not to come back when they were able to. I've heard in some areas, as many as 40% of previous employees didn't return.

That means a lot of new folks to hire and train and move around before you can get everything running.

When I saw Columbia Harbor House was reopening, my first thought was that Tomorrowland Terrace would be available for dessert parties again. I hope they’re back by October!

Why would you expect that? You really really want DPs back don't ya. Me too. That HS Star Wars one was incredible

I think the current sluggish pace in things reopening (I'm personally waiting for VIP tours) has nothing to do with Covid protocols.

It is due entirely to Disney getting caught off guard by the high number of cast members who chose not to come back when they were able to. I've heard in some areas, as many as 40% of previous employees didn't return.

That means a lot of new folks to hire and train and move around before you can get everything running.
Which VIP Tours are you waiting for? Private VIP Tours have been running since at least last October, because we did one on October 3, 2020.

Why would you expect that? You really really want DPs back don't ya. Me too. That HS Star Wars one was incredible
I don’t expect it, just holding out hope. We will never do a dessert party as a family for various reasons, but I have a trip with a friend in October. It would be the perfect time to splurge!

I would love to book ALL the dessert parties for our December trip, if there are any. Our favorite was the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam party in 2019, but we love all of them.

Staffing for the dessert parties is made more complicated by the fact that it takes three groups to put them on. Until the departments involved are sufficiently staffed, no parties. Catering is the main group which consists of the food prep CMs and servers, it seems to be the more challenging of the three to staff.

Which VIP Tours are you waiting for? Private VIP Tours have been running since at least last October, because we did one on October 3, 2020.
Oh, I know- thanks. I'm talking about things like Day of Thrills for example.

Opinion only ...

MK won't come back until the new Anniversary show, why bother with all that set up when you can create one even more "special" and more expensive. Like you say people will pay and this is the time to raise the price and demand.

Epcot won't come back until the new Harmonious is working, again more "special" and more expensive. They can actually offer a few of them if they want in different locations.

DHS is not bringing back SW show yet, and I don't know if they would bother with the current show coming. Studios needs a plan going forward for sure.

AK, I would LOVE if they brought back their dessert party, just for a dessert party itself. They could bring in musical entertainment they have furloughed and with a good spot the atmosphere alone would be worth it.

While I was REALLY wishing for dessert parties for the new shows, I really wouldn't hate for them to overcharge me for some kind of dining package with reserved seating, kind of like Disneyland has historically done for Fantasmic! or what they did for Candlelight Processional in Epcot. Was it overpriced? Yes. But at this point, I'd gladly overpay for lunch or dinner somewhere and have reserved space for the fireworks. Seems like it would eliminate the excuse of needing so much extra staff for the parties (they would just need a couple of CMs to man the reserved area)!

While I was REALLY wishing for dessert parties for the new shows, I really wouldn't hate for them to overcharge me for some kind of dining package with reserved seating, kind of like Disneyland has historically done for Fantasmic! or what they did for Candlelight Processional in Epcot. Was it overpriced? Yes. But at this point, I'd gladly overpay for lunch or dinner somewhere and have reserved space for the fireworks. Seems like it would eliminate the excuse of needing so much extra staff for the parties (they would just need a couple of CMs to man the reserved area)!
Aren't they rather expensive? Anybody remember the price? Will probably be at least 25% more costly now, based on the way things have been going.

Oh, they're expensive for sure, and they're surely overpriced, but I will say without hesitation that I would sign up for a $75 lunch at Tony's if it meant I had reserved space in one of the gardens. I just checked the Disneyland site and the pricing is $62 for lunch, $75 for dinner at Blue Bayou for the premium seating for Fantasmic!, just to compare. (It's obviously not offered right now, but the pricing structure does include some less expensive options with less "prime" viewing locations, but still reserved space.) Even with a 25% upcharge above that (gulp), I think there's a vast audience of guests who would book it.

I think we're all used to Disney finding ways to offer very overpriced "premium" experiences. Reserved viewing for night time shows is one of the few upcharges that our family finds worth it, as it relieves some stress and saves some time, and it's something we are doing anyway (eating lunch/dinner, watching fireworks). :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter