• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do your kids use the kids club?

DD likes to go to the clubs for a couple hours in the morning or afternoon - usually we make her hang out with us during the other times of day. :) She also would go between the show and late dining to run around and wear herself out for a while. She also does dine & play some nights.

Like PPs have said, every kid is different and you never know how yours will respond to the clubs. I was sure my DD would love it but she thought it was just ok. She is old enough for Edge now but doesn’t seem to love that either. So basically she only goes when we have an 18+ activity planned and she has no choice. Now that she is 11, if we go to any adult activities after dinner we just let her stay in the room and watch tv.

True, I don't know for sure if my kids will enjoy the clubs, but honestly I would be shocked if they didn't love it because they love every kids camp or activity that they've ever done, especially my DD9 who is super social. I'm mostly just wondering when people actually find time to have their kids in the club since it seems like between being at the port, eating dinner, and watching shows, there's not a lot of extra time in there!

When we first started my youngest was 10 and she went for the morning then for here and there in the afternoon. Second time she went most of the time. Third cruise I never saw her.

My kids were DD7 and DS10 on our cruise, but it was only 3 day so we were limited. They were excited to check it out on arrival day because of things they had heard from friends etc. However, my kids also love food and really enjoy shows, so they didn't spend all that much time there. Funny story, on our 2nd day (Nassau - we didn't get off) the kids decided to go for a bit before dinner after we had gone swimming, done mini golf and the Detective Onboard Agency (again so many things to do!!). Apparently counselors were rounding kids up because they will feed them if they are there at dinner. My son raced to get his sister and immediately told a cast member they needed to get ahold of me (I was literally walking down the hall to get them). He was terrified that they would be stuck eating corndogs instead of ordering from the Main Dining Room with us! HaHa!! While they enjoyed the club, we also really enjoy family time and they like "grown up" things more than some kids - they both tried escargot that night! So while they enjoyed the club, and went a few times for an hour or two, there were a lot of times they didn't want to miss out on what we were doing just to be there.

I'm mostly just wondering when people actually find time to have their kids in the club since it seems like between being at the port, eating dinner, and watching shows, there's not a lot of extra time in there!

The bulk of our son's time was before dinner. But we had second seating and didn't attend the shows.

Our daughter never does. We're okay with that since 1) it's our family vacation and 2) I don't personally like that ages 3-12 share the same space.

Our daughter never does. We're okay with that since 1) it's our family vacation and 2) I don't personally like that ages 3-12 share the same space.
I'm actually pretty happy about the shared space - I guess because my kids fall right in the middle of that age range. I can see not liking it if you have one 3 year old child though. My DS6 would probably be pretty hesitant about using the kids club on his own because he tends to be clingy with me, but DD9 absolutely loves those things and he loves them too if he's with her! So it's a win-win for all of us! :)

I'm actually pretty happy about the shared space - I guess because my kids fall right in the middle of that age range. I can see not liking it if you have one 3 year old child though. My DS6 would probably be pretty hesitant about using the kids club on his own because he tends to be clingy with me, but DD9 absolutely loves those things and he loves them too if he's with her! So it's a win-win for all of us! :)

Apparently Disney caved to parent pressure and combined the groups. When my daughter was 4 she had a bad experience and would never go back. 3-12 is a ridiculous spread.

Until our kids aged out of the Club/Lab they were there all the time, any time we'd let them go. When did they NOT use the club would be an easier question for us to answer. :) They especially liked going for Dine n'Play after late dinner. DS12 will have aged out by our next cruise, so on our last cruise in August he was determined to squeeze every possible club moment that he could out of every day.

No, no, you're asking the wrong question. The correct question is "when do you demand that your kids leave the clubs and join you"?

If we weren't on an excursion, at dinner or in bed, my kids were at their respective clubs.

My girls only went to the clubs during sea days and if we didn't go to the show that night. We usually skip the magicians and comedians, so my girls wanted to go to the clubs then. Although I'm pretty sure they wouldn't care if they didn't go at all. They are very social and usually love kids activities, but for some reason the kid's club hasn't clicked with them. They don't hate it, but they are not that excited about it either. :confused3

My son is 9 and an introvert. He went for an hour in the afternoon. He had fun but didn’t want to go back. I wish the tween club started at age 10 for our next cruise. I think he’d have preferred that.

Definitely try to get early dinner seating. I thought the late seating would be better so we weren’t rushed and we had a 2 hour time difference, putting it not much later than we eat at home and it was far too late! My travel agent recommended asking guest services once we boarded but we chose not to and regretted it.

Our DD goes for a couple of hours so we can go to Palo. Other than that, she wants to stay with us and we do lots of family activities the rest of the cruise.

When not stalking Pluto's whereabouts on the ship, my middle child would be crafting in the kids' club. The other two, depended on the activities, but would almost never say no if we "needed" them to be busy so we could watch a movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter