When should we go to WDW?? 2nd Week in Sept or 3rd week in Nov??

ragu

Mouseketeer
I have a question for all of you out there. My family and myself are planning another trip to WDW. I would like some feedback on when is the best time to go. We are considering. The week after Labor Day or a week and a half before Thansgiving. When is the best time to go??? Will the crowds be light and what about the weather? Thanks for all your help!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I can tell you about Sept. We always go a week or two after Labor Day. The crowds are light (max. 10 minute wait for most rides/attractions - many are walk ons); the weather can get hot and humid and wet. It is hurricane season and you will get rain while you are there. How much depends on if you are fortuntate enough to miss a major storm or not. It is value season, so room rates are great.

I believe Nov. is still value season, so you should still be able to get good room rates. The weather is probably better for the parks (not as hot), but it could get a little too chilly for water rides or water parks. I think that most pools at WDW are heated so swimming should be OK.

If you can handle the heat and humidity, I would vote for Sept. Otherwise, you should be very happy going in Nov. It's almost a toss-up as to which you choose.

We have been on both of the weeks that you are considering.

For crowds you can't beat the week after Labor Day. Everytime that we have been there for that week CM's have told us that it is historically their slowest week. However, it can be a little hot and humid.

The weather was a little better in Nov. but, the crowds were noticeably larger. It wasn't crowded, but after expieriencing early Sept. crowds you could tell a difference.

For us it's September, but either way you'll have a good time.

The third week in Nov. b/4 T-day would be my pick. I like the Nov. weather a whole lot better. I personally cannot stand the heat and humidity and I've heard Sept. is the worst for that.

Nov. b/4 T-day is value season and has low crowds, maybe not as low as Sept. but still pretty low compared to other times of the year. :)

The weather is great at this time. Still usually hot enough to swim and wear shorts during the day and sometimes at night you need a light jacket. Perfect for touring the parks!!

Gi

That week after Labor Day has always been our traditional time to go. Not crowded at all and plenty warm for swimming, etc. Always a chance for that stray hurricane, but in all the years we've been going (since 1975) that has never been a problem.

I can't speak about November but we normally always go the Saturday after Labor Day and it is GREAT!!!! No crowds, weather great (although it is hurrican season).

We love early septmeber too. There is one other thing to look into. Every year around that time they hold a Christian musica concert, Night(s) of Joy, at MK. I think it's 2 nights, but I'm not sure. All I know is that MK closes early on Saturday for this special event, meaning there are no fireworks like there usually are on saturdays. The tickets are available to the general public, can't remember how much they cost.

We happened to schedule our visit for 2 saturdays, but if we hadn't we would have been very disappointed. They don't reschedule for another night to make up for it.

To those who refer to "the week after labor day"...do you mean the Tuesday-Sunday following labor day Monday, or one full week after labor day?

We went Nov. 13-17, 2002. It was great during the week - a little more crowded beginning Saturday but I think that's true every weekend. The Wine and Food Festival was going on at Epcot so that was nice. I would definately go again in November (except when the soap stars are there)

We have been three times in September. Always the third week. The weather is hot and humid which works well for us. We usually go to the parks the second they open in the am. Because the crowds are so low you can get on alot of rides quickly. Then around noon when the parks are starting to get a little fuller and the sun is high we have a relaxing lunch in a sit down restaurant. After that we head for a pool or water park for the rest of the day. After supper at "home" ( we stay on site in a home away from home) we head back to the parks for fireworks or whatever.

I sent WDW an email about Soap Opera Weekend. They said that it was not set yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter