When should we order DDE card?

sssteele

DIS Veteran
We arrive at WDW 12/23. I recall reading that if we wait until December 1st to order DDE that the card would be good through December (or January) of the next year. I believe the cards can take a long time to arrive to home address, and that some folks had to pick up a letter as proof of purcahse somewhere at Epcot (guest relations maybe). We go to WDW every year over Xmas. Should we wait until December 1st to call or not? Also, who do we call - WDWDINE?

It took about 8 weeks to get ours. We faxed our application to DDE and they are only open normal business hours, M-F, 8-5. You may need to to a search on DDE to find the address or web adress for the DDE.

Can you purchase the DDE once you get there? It seems most buy theirs before going. Is this just convienence?

We went in September of this year. When we called the end of July and inquired about the expiration date, we were told if ordered after the 11th of the month it would expire the end of the next month next year. (So if ordered August 12th 2005 the expiration date would be September 30, 2006.) So we ordered on the 12th of August or there abouts, received our card prior to our departing for WDW (Sept 10th) and it expires Sept 30 2006. We were prepared to pick up a temp card at Epcot when we arrived but the card came a few days before we left home. Now I am not saying that is cast in stone. But that was our experience.

Hope that helps.

There is no office to purchase one when you get there. You have to call in (and it has been tough to get through at times) and then pick up the letter if they still do that.

I had orgered our AP's and picked them up on Sept 28 at guest rlations in DTD. Once I had them in hand I walked outside and called DDE. They took my info and I picked up the two temporary cards and the list of participating locations at the EPCOT guest relations that eveing about 5:15. They are not open weekends and probably not holidays so be sure you call. You have to have the AP number or a voucher number to order them. My permanent cards got here this week - so about 3 weeks after we ordered them. I would call them Dec 22 if you already have your AP or voucher and pick up the temporary card when you get down there at your convenience. Then they will be good for next year's trip also. Hope you have a great trip.

We were planning on ordering ours right after Thanksgiving so we would have them for our trip that starts New Years Eve. That way, we will have through the next December to use is as well.

I called DDE this week to order. CM was great and told me to call back on 11/7. Any DDE cards ordered in November, after 11/7, will expire 12/31/06. If you need a temporary card, they can have that available for you as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter